Where is the best place

Tapit

On the Fantasy class, I like being on the aft verandah fantail. Until they started putting in the waterworks (not sure if they did this ship yet).

I also like sneaking out "through the secret doors" to the viewing area just above the bow.

Another spot is above the bridge.

It really depends on what atmosphere you are after - there is always a sail away party on the deck with music where a lot of folks gather. Or - like the previous poster said - there are several quieter, out-of-the-way places on board that offer excellent views.

Stand anywhere but near the horns! We took our first cruise in August and our group was on the front, top deck...near the horns...needless to say we were very much surprised! Some of us almost dropped our drinks we were so surprised. We will know next summer where not to stand! Have a great cruise. We enjoyed our first cruise so much we are planning our next one.

Ok 1st cruise leaving in 41 days. Where is the best place to stand when saying bon voyage? We plan on getting there around 10:30. Going to be on the Fantasy October 26th. Thanks.:p

We usually go up as high as possible and aft. Mostly because their isn't much of a crowd up there.

BTW: since this is your first cruise, you might be surprised at the sparse number of people on shore waving Bon Voyage! Most will be port workers. It's nothing like the old Love Boat episodes!

A COMPLETELY NORMAL occurrence during Carnival's sailaways.

Growing up watching The Love Boat, I had it in my head we'd be standing at the rail with confetti flying and ship horn blowing. I was hugely disappointed to be below decks in a dark lounge with a lifejacket around my neck. :(

As the Fantasy is still in New Orleans you will see land for HOURS! Best Muster station to have is Lido deck.

But it is dispointing to be at Muster during sailaway (Sensation)- we'd wanted to take a picture of our condo when leaving Port Canaveral and just barely got one during muster was finishing up as we passed by Jetty Pier. Thankfully we were on the correct side of the boat to see it.

Growing up watching The Love Boat, I had it in my head we'd be standing at the rail with confetti flying and ship horn blowing. I was hugely disappointed to be below decks in a dark lounge with a lifejacket around my neck. :(

"COPS" is the only 'reality' show that has ever been on TV.:eek: The interior scenes of "Love Boat" would require a ship so large that the Oasis of the Seas would look like a rowboat!:D

We usually do sailaway from above Lido. This time we are going to be on our first Balcony. Aft Extended....

We always have a balcony but I just scored my first Aft Extended Balcony Cabin :p for our September 2010 cruise. If I could afford one (Aft extended) for my January 2010 cruise I would but I have to be satisfied with my Panaroma Deck Balcony Cabin.

But as long as I am on a cruise ship and have a balcony I am one happy, happy, happy cruiser.

Archived