Smoking on Balcony

Grey Nomad

Smoking tenders......that's the best 'clear air' idea I've ever heard...lol. That way we could have smoke free ships....yay...and we can all pass plates of food to the smokers in the tenders to ensure they eat between smoking their cigarettes...hehehehe:p I can imagine all these little tenders being towed behind these large ships.....:D You're funny sus susy..

Glad I gave you a laugh Gold Coast, sometimes things can be a tad too serious around here. :eek:

Another one to add to the "whinge list" ... people who push and shove in the buffet. I am not a dawdler, i know what i want get it and get out but the first time it happened i thought it was a one off... but not to be. It happened several more times. While eating i watched the buffet area and noticed others blatantly pushing others along... he he he, its a wonder there was not a blue.:eek:

I can't understand it... we are all on holiday and my belief is that we are all supposed to be one happy "TOLERANT" family.. so what is the go?

Is capital city rage making it to the buffet now?? :cool:

Why dont they go one step further even and tow a tender behind the ship and make all the smokers sit in that :D:D

Sorry Whoey but even though you may not like it, smoking is a legal habit and people are allowed to smoke. And until they totally ban it on the ship then they have to provide a reasonable area for smokers, as they are paying the same fare as non smokers.

This made me laugh too Susy... thanks for that classic image. I'm in total agreement with your comment. Smokers are made to feel like second class citizens these days. With technology advancing so rapidly, perhaps one day there will be s smokeless ciggie. That will keep everyone happy.:)

Cheers,

Anna

Another one to add to the "whinge list" ... people who push and shove in the buffet. I am not a dawdler, i know what i want get it and get out but the first time it happened i thought it was a one off... but not to be. It happened several more times. While eating i watched the buffet area and noticed others blatantly pushing others along... he he he, its a wonder there was not a blue.:eek:

I can't understand it... we are all on holiday and my belief is that we are all supposed to be one happy "TOLERANT" family.. so what is the go?

Is capital city rage making it to the buffet now?? :cool:

Floatie maybe the pushy people in the buffett were the smelly smokers in a hurry so as they could get to the back of the ship to have another fag. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi Shiona

Can you recommend a cream that really works and doesn't smell, please? When DH uses Deep Heat or similar you can smell it for ages. As you say, it is strong! :cool:

There are lots of different types of creams and gels on the market probably too many.....if its only a heat treatment cream your husband uses, Deep Heat has patches which are non smelly so that's a start....:D:D....

Tiger Balm, its a great little product...a little smelly but more pleasant than the others....worth a try.....its on the supermarket shelf....

I have problems breathing around creams with camphor and/or menthol in them ...Vicks Vaporub is the same.....my sister who was a pro-sprinter, high user of penetrene, and long retired now was recommended a product called Michaels Medirub which she uses ...can't comment on the odour but she assures me its quite nice.......I once told her if she ever wanted to kill me just smother my mouth and nose with Penetrene and Vicks and I'm a goner:D.....cheers Shiona

eeeeeezzzzzy fixed ban smoking on cruise ships

hi thied, not a very good suggestion either, i was reading on one of the boards .........they had a non smoking ship and it didnt work because a lot of smokers are drinkers and the cruise line was going broke......i,m not sure which cruise line it was

rkmw

hi thied, not a very good suggestion either, i was reading on one of the boards .........they had a non smoking ship and it didnt work because a lot of smokers are drinkers and the cruise line was going broke......i,m not sure which cruise line it was

rkmw

not a very good cruise if they were going broke because people were not dinking

because thats where they get their money.....off the smokers and drinkers qoute, rkmw,

smokes are duty free on nearly every cruise ship alcahol is not ,

your not aloud to smoke in any word place, air plane, bus, train, gov building or any building, or any wear there is food , or any wear there is children, and i could go on name places for a very long time , the fact is it should be baned on cruise ship, not just because it smells or its dirt but allso its a fire risk as well.:D ( by the way i am a smoker )

because thats where they get their money.....off the smokers and drinkers qoute, rkmw,

smokes are duty free on nearly every cruise ship alcahol is not ,

your not aloud to smoke in any word place, air plane, bus, train, gov building or any building, or any wear there is food , or any wear there is children, and i could go on name places for a very long time , the fact is it should be baned on cruise ship, not just because it smells or its dirt but allso its a fire risk as well.:D ( by the way i am a smoker )

hi thied, as sus susy said, they may have to put the smokers, the drunks and the young teenagers that muck up in a tender and tow them along behind the ship

rkmw

hi thied, as sus susy said, they may have to put the smokers, the drunks and the young teenagers that muck up in a tender and tow them along behind the ship

rkmw

any that dosnt do this site or the cruises any good either

Thanks Shiona, for your info re the 'non-smelly' creams. I will have to investigate the local pharmacy - in readiness for sore legs when we climb all those stairs to keep off the weight from too many trips to the buffet. :eek::eek::eek:

Aaahh well.......we have good intentions, anyway. Hahaha! :D:D:D

Another creme which is available here in NSW is Ice Gel sold in supermarkets it is cheap and quite pleasant smelling with no lingering odor and also works as well as any of the expensive ones Robin

Thanks Robin, I'll check to see if we have it here in Qld. If not, we have a son who lives not far over the border and he is visiting us soon. ;)

rkmw

On the TP last year, we were told that the drink waiters love Australians.:D

Apparently, the predominantly American passengers don't drink much at all. It was interesting to watch the competition between drink waiters, as they "latched" onto good drinkers. Most smokers are also drinkers...very true Bob.

Cheers,

Anna

On the TP last year, we were told that the drink waiters love Australians.:D

Apparently, the predominantly American passengers don't drink much at all. It was interesting to watch the competition between drink waiters, as they "latched" onto good drinkers. Most smokers are also drinkers...very true Bob.

Cheers,

Anna

Wow that's funny. All those american shows with people always in bars drinking every day. Not true?

Archived