Price Drop, Early Saver & Aft Wrap

Kcarp

I just wanted to share my experience over the last year on watching the rates. I started watching the prices in Sept of last year and have received two on board credits with Early Saver for $190 dollars per person. I check prices daily; sometimes three or four times a day. I really feel like this has paid off for us. The prices dropped in Feb. for our first credit, then the second credit just happen this week. One more thing to add; The Aft wrap cabins for our sailing are still not full. I have read post after post about how you need to book the Aft Wrap cabins early. Well Carnival still has Aft cabins for our sailing less than two weeks out. I guess it depends on the time you sail? Just wanted to share the info to help the next cruiser.

I just wanted to share my experience over the last year on watching the rates. I started watching the prices in Sept of last year and have received two on board credits with Early Saver for $190 dollars per person. I check prices daily; sometimes three or four times a day. I really feel like this has paid off for us. The prices dropped in Feb. for our first credit, then the second credit just happen this week. One more thing to add; The Aft wrap cabins for our sailing are still not full. I have read post after post about how you need to book the Aft Wrap cabins early. Well Carnival still has Aft cabins for our sailing less than two weeks out. I guess it depends on the time you sail? Just wanted to share the info to help the next cruiser.

Very lucky that those cabins are still open. We booked ours almost a year out for this year. No matter, there is nothing that even comes close to the fare we paid for our cabin. Even with all of the sales Carnival has had over the past year, our early booking and military rate still beats out their best sale.

We booked our aft wrap 14 months out and I haven't seen an open wrap in more than 12 months, I guess thyat you just happen to have one of those cruises that just may not fill up, but you can believe they will try .

Yeah the price has dropped over $100 bucks I guess, because Aft Wrap cabin 6483 & 6452 is still not booked.

I can only hope to be as lucky. We have an Aft wrap to Hawaii in April but since there are no Cat 11 or 12 I don't expect anything on that one.

Aft wrap to Mexico Nov 2010 as well. That's a long way off so who knows what will happen.

Good to know that there is at least a chance for a price drop on aft wraps. :)

This may be a little off topic (we don't have an aft wrap), but we booked an ES rate 4F (on LIDO :D) back in January for the Splendor...price has gone down 4 TIMES! Started out at $454, now down to $314pp...we have $312 OBC! (there was also a $32 drop in our cruise insurance)...I got REALLY lucky to have booked one of the last categories still available for our cruise...and there are still 10+ cabins available in 4F and 4E 11 days to go...price may go even lower! not being greedy though, I am absolutely THRILLED with the OBC we have...I LOVE these ES rates! Happy vacations all!

Edeno

I have noticed that alot of the ships on every cruiseline have not been sailing out lately......we talked to people on our last cruise and several booked 2 weeks before the cruise..........we have a friend going on the Splendor and they still had suites and balconies available when she booked one week ahead.....

Some one on here just booked yesterday for a Thursday sailing.......prices are so dang low on some cruises it is unbelievalbe.........

I have received 3 price drops on our 9a aft wrap for a January cruise, a total of $100 pp savings. There are still 5 9a's open, so I hope we are as lucky as you and score some more price drops closer to sail date! I check prices every day, hoping... ;)

Enjoy your cruise! Please take lots of room pics and balcony pics and post them when you return!

They are awesome, and you're not lying, I checked, still available. Pretty good price, too, $939. On our upcoming Legend cruise, the cheapest I saw, when they were still available was $1500. And that's about what we paid on the Miracle a few years ago.

How do you find out how many cabins are left?

To check availability, just go onto carnivals site as if you are gonna book. Pick the ship, sail date and category and it will give you a drop down menu of cabin #'s in each category that are available. There may be more available than what's shown, but the ones that are shown are still open.

Archived