Room storage

lula58

This is our first cruise, so excuse the dumb question. Are there drawers for underwear etc. in the rooms or do you have to leave things in your luggage?:confused:

Depending on which cruise line you're on, there will be drawers, sometimes open shelves (bins, with edges on them so your stuff doesn't slide off) a closet with more shelves, and lots of other nooks and crannies.

You empty your suitcase, slide the suitcase under your bed, and some folks pull it out only to dump in dirty clothes, then re-pack at the end of your cruise.

It's like a hotel room -- lots of places to stash your stuff.

What cruise line will you be on? On the 2 Carnival ships we were on (Freedom and Valor) in inside and balcony we had 2 hanging closets, each with a shelf at the top and 1 had an extra shelf at the bottom. And then there is another closet that has like 4 shelves which is where my husband and I throw out folded items including undies. By the fanity there were 3 usable drawers, one being pretty deep. But I took over the top 2, one for makeup, one for hair items (dryer, straightner, hairspray, etc) :D

Even though I do not know which ship you are sailing on we have been on every class Celebrity ship except the Solstice.

When you enter the cabin there will be a closet across from the bath. There will be hanging space and a shelf above. You will also either have shelves in the closet or right past the hanging space there will be a built in with a shelves and drawers. Often your in room safe is in this space as well.

There will be a desk with small storage areas on either side of the mirror. The lower area will also have drawers and shelves. There will be storage drawers in your night tables.

In the bath you will have counter space and small above counter built in storage. Many of the baths also have a shelf below the sink.

There will be ample storage space.

If your suitcases do not fit under the beds....most do, you can ask your cabin steward to store it (them) for you. It will be returned to the cabin in plenty of time to do what I hate most...pack to disembark. You can also place any luggage out of the way in the cabin but it is really best to conserve as much floor space as possible.

Have a wonderful cruise and if you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Cruise ships cabins are well laid out and have lots of storage, drawers and closet space for 2 people. You should have no trouble finding space for everything you have brought aboard including puting your luggage under your bed. You might care to bring along a couple of mesh laundry bags which you can place on the floor of your closet for laundry.

If there are just two of you, you will have no problem with storage. However, if you have a 3rd person in your cabin like we do (we have a now 14yr DS), here is what I do to maximize our space. I have one of those hanging shelf units that I got at Wal-Mart for about $7. I use it to put the DS's stuff in there. On one shelf I put his boxers, on another his socks, on another his shorts, his t-shirts go on another, and on the last shelf, I put his bathing trunks. This has worked really well for us over the last few years that I have used it. The fabric shelf unit folds up flat and easily fits into the bottom of my suitcase. I also use a hanging shoe thingy that I hang in the closet. In the pockets I put my undies, scarves, belts, rolled up bathing suits, etc. This has also worked well for me over the years. However, if it is just the two of you, you probably won't need these extra items. I however, can't cruise without them!:D

I hope you have a really great cruise!:D

Let me just say that I wish MY bedroom and bathroom had as much storage as our tiny little inside room on Carnival.

It's just my husband and I and we don't even use all of the available storage space. Like the nightstands, we don't have anything that would benefit from being in there. And the vanity drawers we could fit a lot more in, but we like having them not full so it's easier to find our stuff. We don't use much of the space in the bathroom either. Even though we have PLENTY of space left for stuff, we still like bringing an over the door shoe holder. We hang it facing in the cabin vs inside a closet and we like to put a lot of our little items in there. It's great for my shoes (his go in the closet) and things like camera, chapstick, sun screen, belts, small first aid kit, etc. It keeps it handy, in quick reach, and keeps the room tidy.

I also keep one of my pcs of luggage open & slide it under my bed; that's where my dirty laundry goes. Then when I'm packing to go home, the luggage that has my dirty laundry gets closed up and whatever clothing I hadn't worn on my cruise goes into my 2nd piece of luggage along with my shaving stuff etc.

If, by chance, the luggage won't fit under the bed, simply lift up the side of the bed and then slide you luggage under - it will fit.

Don't worry about it being a "dumb question", we've ALL been in your position with our first cruise.

Let me just say that I wish MY bedroom and bathroom had as much storage as our tiny little inside room on Carnival.

It's just my husband and I and we don't even use all of the available storage space. Like the nightstands, we don't have anything that would benefit from being in there. And the vanity drawers we could fit a lot more in, but we like having them not full so it's easier to find our stuff. We don't use much of the space in the bathroom either. Even though we have PLENTY of space left for stuff, we still like bringing an over the door shoe holder. We hang it facing in the cabin vs inside a closet and we like to put a lot of our little items in there. It's great for my shoes (his go in the closet) and things like camera, chapstick, sun screen, belts, small first aid kit, etc. It keeps it handy, in quick reach, and keeps the room tidy.

I, too, hate not being able to find things readily or have a messy cabin. I keep my undies/socks etc. in the nightstand drawers. We always take a hanging sweater sorter (for lack of a better word) and a hanging clear shoe sorter. Both can be found pretty cheap @ K-mart or Walmart. We hang the over the rod sweater sorter in the closet and it gives us extra 'drawer' space and the clear over the door shoe sorter hangs on the bathroom door, facing in and ALL our toiletries, hairbrush, curling iron etc. are in the bathroom and are readily found when needed. Both of these items lay flat in your suitcase and weigh next to nothing. We also put the suitcases under the bed and they become hampers.

Archived