PG Lobster

ILoveMyDogs

Colonel Wes, Yes, I took detailed notes every day, so it will be a long report, but I won't get to start it until after the video editing is done, which should take another week or so - the first two hours of raw footage are now edited (down to about 60 minutes).

Some ultra-quick post-trip perspectives:

- The level of service, food, entertainment, and overall experience was even BETTER than our cruise on the PG five years ago, whcih I didn't think would be possible.

- The PG dive staff (Dominique, Martin, Julien) are simply the best anywhere, and we realized just how spoiled we had become on the PG when diving with Bathy's in Bora Bora post-cruise -just not even close.

- The Manta Rays have left Bora Bora :-( but Monique the gigantic Lemon Shark hung out with us for most of the dives on two different dives at Tapu in Bora Bora (one with the PG, one with Bathy's post-cruise).

- I've never seen so many Lemon Sharks! I expect lots of Black Tips (and they did not dissapoint!), but WOW, LOTS of big Lemon Sharks in both Bora Bora and Moorea.

- Siglo (the ship's band) ROCKS!

- There seemed to be much more Gauguine activity and exposure this time, which was all very nice. 8-)

- Was dissapointed in the Intercontinental Tahiti (pre-cruise) this time, but the Intercontinental Le Moana Bora Bora (post cruise) is outstanding. Hard to believe that they have the same ownership when comparing the level of service.

- Air Tahiti Nui's flight staff on the way to Tahiti (business class) also disappointed vs. the last time, but the ATN staff on the way back to LAX (business class) was excellent and made up for the flight down.

- It's VERY hard to readjust to the "real world", still haven't...

Cheers,

Ken

Ken,

It was nice to meet you on the cruise. I also agree with your comments about the PG - I could not fault the service or the food. Most importantly, you are absolutely right about the PG dive staff, as a beginner diver I had the utmost confidence from the care and attention those guys gave. The PG cruise definitely overshadowed our previous Tahitian Princess cruise.

Archived