PG Lobster

ILoveMyDogs

Rally, thank you for the reply. DH loves lobster and escargots. Looks like we're going to have a wonderful cruise with some weight gain too....

Don't get taken in by the "surf-n-turf" at Le Grill --- it amounts to a filet with a very small slipper lobster on top. Your DH will want the real thing, as served in L'Etoille and La Verandah. Just micely let the maitre d' know abut your preference the first time you meet him. By the way, if you prefer your lobster as room service, just let them know. Escargots shows up as a small appetizer at least one night, so better ask for that, too =)

Oh, Rally. Why didn't you type you wished you had done it on porpoise? :)

Just not quick enough --- besides, if I had done that someone might have confused it with Nizurc's question abut sashimi, and that would have been cheesy, even for me :D

Dear PJLDAWN-

Just returned from 2 weeks in Tahiti//Cook Islands on PG and "Lobster Night" was done on the Polynesian Night which was done towards the end of the cruise. It is Lobster with a Sweet Vanilla Sauce, however, you may get it with drawn butter if you like. The lobsters come from Australia/New Zealand where most of their provisioning comes from. The Lobster is not one of the better entree's at L'Etoile and the Beef and Fish Dishes were all outstanding. This was our 4th PG cruise and by far the BEST cuisine we have ever experienced on the ship.

The food in L'Etoile was so good that the several nights we dined in La Verandah we noticed how empty the alternative dining venue was which was the total opposite from our cruise last year on PG.

Hope this helps and have a fantastic cruise. I rate the PG a 100 on a scale of 1-10!

temcclendon,

Was Dion the CD? Who was maitre in La Veranda? The food was good there last year but I agree that Etoile was better. Do you know who the Etoile chef was?

We are a few weeks from our 5th PG in November so very eager to hear all the details.

Thanks

Miriam

Whenever we were served lobster, it was the smaller spiny variety--pieces of tail meat rather than the whole thing. If other types were available, I did not see them. Perhaps others can chime in on whether larger varieties are available? (But don't think they would not be indigenous to the area so not so sure I would want them! :rolleyes: )

We're just back from the Sept. 12th sailing (did a post-cruise in an OWB in Bora Bora), and as stated previously there was an excellent lobster dish (tails) with tahitian vanilla sauce on Polynesian Night in L'etoile. I also agree about the cuisne having improved - we sailed on the PG 5 years ago, and both the variety and the quality of food have actually improved (amazingly) IMHO. The service is still exceptional too.

Cheers,

Ken

Archived