extra tips / service charge

soexcited31

Hi all, I have been reading through some threads and have come across one that states that on top of your drinks price an additional 15% is added to the bill as a "service charge" Im all happy for giving extra tips for good service but find it strange if this is true as will be paying the tips upfront and giving extra as I feel needed.

Sorry if I have got this totally wrong!!

Hi all, I have been reading through some threads and have come across one that states that on top of your drinks price an additional 15% is added to the bill as a "service charge" Im all happy for giving extra tips for good service but find it strange if this is true as will be paying the tips upfront and giving extra as I feel needed.

Yes there is a 15% charge added to any drink, soda, etc. Princess has been doing that for years. And no I do not give an additional tip beyond that to the waiter who brings me that drink

Marilyn

Marilyn is totally correct here. The 15% gratuity added to any drink purchase from the bar or wine purchase in the dining venues or other areas onboard has been around for many years, it is nothing new. Sorry you don't seem to agree with this practice, but it is one charge that can not be altered, lowered or removed, it is automatic. Enjoy!

The tips you "pay up front" are for the Cabin Stewards and waitstaff. The gratuity is shared by all who serve you during meal times. Breakfast, lunch and Dinner, regardless of where you eat;). The Bar staff is not included and receive their tips through the 15% added to each drink purchased.

Yes, any drinks alcoholic or soda, etc. is 15%. Juice for breakfast or lunch, or dinner I believe in the dinning room is no charge but otherwise drinks are 15% gratuity/service charge whatever you want to call it. I think the drinks are very reasonable if you compare land based ones. I usually give 20% on a land based drink,so I think 15% is not bad. You have the option to give more gratuity to the bar server if you wish, but you can not give less than 15%.

Archived