Do they have tea pots to heat water in the cabin?

MrsLeo

Do they have tea pots to heat water in the cabin? Also do they provide hot water and tea bags in the buffet are? I just read the coffee thread and that Princess serves coffee made out of syrup concentrate...so I thought I shouldn't take anything for granted. I've sailed 4 different cruise lines and never heard of coffee made from syrup.... That doesn't sound good at all.

Do they have tea pots to heat water in the cabin? Also do they provide hot water and tea bags in the buffet are? I just read the coffee thread and that Princess serves coffee made out of syrup concentrate...so I thought I shouldn't take anything for granted. I've sailed 4 different cruise lines and never heard of coffee made from syrup.... That doesn't sound good at all.

Sorry,

No hotplates or teapots in the cabin

Thanks everyone. I just like to know what to expect, so I can plan accordingly. Some cruise lines do provide teapots or hot pots to boil water in, in the cabins which is why I asked. As long as I have access to hot water I can make all sorts of wonderful morning beverages...not from syrup lol

You can order a pot of hot water and tea from room service, though I haven't tried it, I have recently been hearing from other posters that the water isn't hot enough for tea, I can confirm that the water in the buffet is very hot. Their iced tea is also made from syrup, so I like to take 2 of the lipton tea bags and steep them in hot water, then I fill up one of the plastic cups with ice and pour the tea over ice, it makes a wonderful cup of iced tea, the downside is, I dirty two cups, so I try not to do it too often. Thought I'd share in case you also enjoy iced tea. I'm beginning to wonder about the hot tea thing myself, over the past several months we have really enjoyed having a cup of tea in the evening, my mother enjoys her English Breakfast, and I like the Irish Breakfast, I thought I would bring our tea's with us and just order hot water, but if its not that hot....I also thought about ordering a pot of hot water and then dumping the water and going up to the buffet and refilling the pot to bring back down to the room. Its easy for us because we book the aft cabins, so that elevator goes straight into the buffet, just a thought.

You can order a pot of hot water and tea from room service, though I haven't tried it, I have recently been hearing from other posters that the water isn't hot enough for tea, I can confirm that the water in the buffet is very hot. Their iced tea is also made from syrup, so I like to take 2 of the lipton tea bags and steep them in hot water, then I fill up one of the plastic cups with ice and pour the tea over ice, it makes a wonderful cup of iced tea, the downside is, I dirty two cups, so I try not to do it too often. Thought I'd share in case you also enjoy iced tea. I'm beginning to wonder about the hot tea thing myself, over the past several months we have really enjoyed having a cup of tea in the evening, my mother enjoys her English Breakfast, and I like the Irish Breakfast, I thought I would bring our tea's with us and just order hot water, but if its not that hot....I also thought about ordering a pot of hot water and then dumping the water and going up to the buffet and refilling the pot to bring back down to the room. Its easy for us because we book the aft cabins, so that elevator goes straight into the buffet, just a thought.

Great minds think alike! I enjoy a lot of home made iced tea when we cruise. I'll just get a thermal carafe or 2 from room service and go fill it up with hot water each morning and make coffee with my handy dandy coffee funnel, bring some coffee and cone filters. You can buy these at most gourmet kitchen speciality shops. They make great coffee.

filter_ns.jpg

Great minds think alike! I enjoy a lot of home made iced tea when we cruise. I'll just get a thermal carafe or 2 from room service and go fill it up with hot water each morning and make coffee with my handy dandy coffee funnel, bring some coffee and cone filters. You can buy these at most gourmet kitchen speciality shops. They make great coffee.

filter_ns.jpg

Wow! I have got to get one of those!!! So you fill your cone filter with your coffee, and then pour the hot water through the cone? Which then turns into a pot of coffee in the caraf beneath?! That's almost too easy, kind of like a french press without the mess! We have a great little kitchen store here in Napa, I'll have to stop by and see if they carry them! Thanks so much for the tip!

Archived