How do you stand the wait for your cruise?

burped

Hi.Just wondering how you bear the waiting for the next cruise . We have little more than 30 days til ours and I am sooo excited already. I also wanted to say thanks to all the posters who have provided a wealth of information to us about Bermuda,and RCI.As each day passes my excitement grows.This is our first cruise and we are bringing our 10 yr old

with us.Her first "BIG" trip.Thanks to all again.:)

Hi.Just wondering how you bear the waiting for the next cruise . We have little more than 30 days til ours and I am sooo excited already. I also wanted to say thanks to all the posters who have provided a wealth of information to us about Bermuda,and RCI.As each day passes my excitement grows.This is our first cruise and we are bringing our 10 yr old

Keep yourself occupied w/other 'stuff' to keep your mind off the trip (easier said than done - I know, we're less than 30 days sooo I know your excitement) and do a wee bit of piling for the big pack everyday.

You'll love it!! Have a great time.

I count the days, weeks to my next cruise (14) so far on RC 54 days till my next cruise.

It is sooo hard waiting, but each crusie is always so

exciting!!!

The best part is walking on to the ship after check in.

and then the fun begins.

I love RC cruises and I hope you have a great time on your cruise.

I watch cruise related movies. Even the ones with bad endings.

Speed 2

Titanic

Poseidon

Out to Sea (havent seen it yet)

Ghost Ship

Boat Trip

Into the Blue

Going Overboard

and Ill go on youtube and watch worlds biggest cruise ship show that was filmed on the freedom

I have the perfect solution.

I bought my next cruise at about 75 days out. I said, "I MUST MUST MUST lose a minimum of 10 pounds in 75 days." No problem!

Every day I don't start working out and start shutting my damn mouth, the day flies by. I'm now under 50 days and I still have to lose at least 10 pounds (or literally my summer clothes won't fit). The days are going by WAAAAY too fast. I wish I could go back to 75!!!

I listen to tropical music. I surf the boards just about every free moment i have. If i'm not here i'm on RCCL checking prices, where my room is, where all the fun stuff is on the ship. Do research on my ports (for the 100th time). Call my family that aren't going on the cruise to brag a little. Go shopping for new clothes for that cruise.

You're lucky you only have a little more than 30 days to go - I have 357!!! :eek:

Brenda, I am like you! We don't sail again until next September on the Oasis. Just have to bide my time ..

checking price drops ( Yeah, right)

Researching excursions

Reading the boards

watching for new pics of the Oasis

waiting for Inaugeral cruisers to post reviews in December

watching travel channel

Have a wonderful trip!:)

I have the perfect solution.

I bought my next cruise at about 75 days out. I said, "I MUST MUST MUST lose a minimum of 10 pounds in 75 days." No problem!

Every day I don't start working out and start shutting my damn mouth, the day flies by. I'm now under 50 days and I still have to lose at least 10 pounds (or literally my summer clothes won't fit). The days are going by WAAAAY too fast. I wish I could go back to 75!!!

our cruise is a definate motivator. Ours isn't until January and after looking at all our pics from our last cruises, I said "no more" so, 8 weeks ago, DH and I started dieting (same diet) he is down 17 lbs and me only about 10 (so not fair) but if I keep it up and lose just 5 lbs a month (15 more) I will be at my high school weight and can pull out all my "skinny" clothes. (pretty soon I will look just like my avatar!) but not only is our diets keeping us occupied so is teaching a 15 yr old how to drive:eek: my right arm is so sore from gripping the door with all my tension while the rest of me stays cool for him. I so need a vacation after this. but even these two things are not enough to keep me from going crazy waiting. I am still on these boards and constantly checking for price drops. I also used alot of time searching for another cruise which we already booked for dec 2010. So now I am looking beyond that. HMM, I definately have tooooooo much time on my hands. :p

Great post!

I send out trivia questions to the kids each month. Ask a little about the ship, the ports, the time zones, etc. Makes the time fly by, but never fast enough!

I am out here too, daily, all day and checking for price drops, and shopping, and have a packing pile just waiting to go into the luggage.

honestly, i try to enjoy the wait:) it's part of the fun:) this will be our last cruise for awhile so i am trying to enjoy every minute, even the count down.

i know when the cruise is done i will be dealing with PCD, so i would rather enjoy the excitement of waiting then the sadness when it is done!

You're lucky you only have a little more than 30 days to go - I have 357!!! :eek:

Gotcha beat, Brenda! I've got 568 days until my next cruise ;):D

How to make it until then? Can you spell R-E-S-E-A-R-C-H? I do lots and lots of it here on the board and online. I start shopping for things I don't have that are new to Magellans I want. And I start losing weight now! Hoping to lose 30-40 pounds in the next 19 months (I've already lost 7 since booking the cruise at the end of May!).

I also work on my scrapbooks for the previous cruise I was on. Just started working on Alaska from last year!

Theresa

I read Cruise Critic daily particularly the ships Roll Call. Each Sunday I watch web cams to view the ship leaving the port and I imagine being on the ship. I review the ships menu and Daily Compass. I also make lists, check them twice, three times, four. . . . . . Then I just drive my wife and family crazy talking about the cruise. I need clinical help :D

I keep myself busy reading CC, rechecking our paperwork and making sure everything is in order, going over my clothes selection again. About 30 days out, I have all our paperwork, passports etc in a marked folder sitting on our dresser so it's in one place and I am not running about the house looking for things at the last minute. I actually do this for any trip we are doing. Enjoy your first cruise and just explore the ship on your day of embarkation. Enjoy each day as it arrives during your cruise.

I think I am driving the family crazy. Going on FOS in November with DH, we talk about it daily and wonder what we would be doing this day on the cruise. We will be celebrating 30 yr marriage on the FOS. I ck CC daily, like a kid waiting for Christmas. Ckg out all the shore excursions and what others have to say about the ship and islands. I'm a cruise addict. This will be our 9 cruise and we are looking forward to this one as much as our first.

Karin

Counting down 51 days.

Make Lurve :cool:.

Problem is what do with the other 23 hours and 58 minutes of the day to take my mind of the cruise.

I do that too!

excessive drinking is the only way to go. otherwise you will be sober enough to realize just how far out you are.

This is what I do with the other 23 hrs and 59 minutes. The two just seem to always happen together.:D

Archived