Cunard Transfer at Southhampton Question?

twoatsea

DH & I are booked on a TA w/QM2 on 11/5/09 (1st time on Cunard!). Does Cunard provide transfers from S.Hampton to Gatwick & Heathrow? Cunard is closed right now & I'm trying to figure out our land itinerary.

If they provide transport to the airports, what is the earliest flight they recommend?

I know they transfer to a couple of train stations, but we need to get to the airport.

Thanks

On one of the first evenings at sea your steward will leave a form on your bed that will have choices of transfers to train stations as well as to Heathrow. I can't recall if they offer Gatwick as well. I believe that they strongly recommend booking flights leaving Heathrow no earlier than 2 p.m. as they won't guarantee that you'll make an earlier flight (possible traffic, road work, etc.). You return the form to a box beside the tour office and they send you an envelope with your transfer tickets.

Cunard offers transfer to Heathrow for $60 ~ $65 pp. Smiths for Airports price is 65 GBP for saloon car. I want to know if Cunard offers transfer with sightseeing tour for people with late or next day flights?

Thank you for any feedback.

Cunard offers transfer to Heathrow for $60 ~ $65 pp. Smiths for Airports price is 65 GBP for saloon car. I want to know if Cunard offers transfer with sightseeing tour for people with late or next day flights?

Thank you for any feedback.

If you take the Smithsforairports option and disembark early, you can easily catch a much earlier flight, long before the 2pm recommended by Cunard. You could leave by 8.30am and be at Heathrow by 10.15.

Thanks everyone. The flight we are now considering is leaving Gatwick at 2:05pm. So, it appears, with your assistance, that we can easily make that flight via private car. That's great!

Thanks a lot.

You can get a train direct from Southampton to Gatwick Airport, it takes a little under 2 hours and leaves at ten minutes past the hour, every hour for a maximum of £25 each. Try http://www.qjump.co.uk/ for details. It depends how much luggage you will have.

We have booked the QV, so looked in to this, yes they do provide transfers.

Have been told not to book any flights before 2pm because fog sometimes is a problem and delays the ships arrival in port. Since I live in San Francisco and know how unpredicable fog can be, will follow this advise for sure.

We have booked the QV, so looked in to this, yes they do provide transfers.

Have been told not to book any flights before 2pm because fog sometimes is a problem and delays the ships arrival in port. Since I live in San Francisco and know how unpredicable fog can be, will follow this advise for sure.

Thanks for sharing that

Archived