Saphhire

BigR

We've never been on Saphhire, but on other cruises we're usually found something or some place on the ship towards the end of the cruise that we wish would would have found earlier. Is there anything like that on this ship?

We've never been on Saphhire, but on other cruises we're usually found something or some place on the ship towards the end of the cruise that we wish would would have found earlier. Is there anything like that on this ship?

Oh my gosh yes! ALL over that ship!!! The Sapphire is quite special, her layout alters quite a bit from the other grand class ships, there are many many cozy nooks to find yourself in. There are great comfortable sitting areas along the windows, more so on this ship than say the Star or Caribbean Princess, plus the back of the ship is really nice, it has 2 pools and a hottub, its very quiet and come about 7pm, no one goes out there, its not incredibly windy on the back like other ships, probably due to the design, or a few extra walls, I haven't paid that close attention. We would sit back there and watch lightening storms, or just enjoy the wake. Such a beautiful ship! You'll love her, she's our favorite!

The Wake View Bar, which you can access via a spiral staircase in Club Fusion.

Crooners Bar on the Promenade Deck.

The Terrace Pool at the stern.

We have a ton of pics of Sapphire here if you'd like to look through them.

Thank you for taking all those pictures. I just booked the Sapphire. I too have never been on her so I'm loving this thread.

Jackie

Was Explorers Lounge empty during the day or was it used to set up for art auctions? On the Star Princess the Explorers Lounge was pretty much inaccessible most sea days, cutting into prime public seating areas and making it difficult to find a nice spot for Cruise Critic meet and greets (little did we know when we set the gathering locations and time up before cruising that we'd be subjected to an obstacle course just to find each other)

Jackie

Was Explorers Lounge empty during the day or was it used to set up for art auctions? On the Star Princess the Explorers Lounge was pretty much inaccessible most sea days, cutting into prime public seating areas and making it difficult to find a nice spot for Cruise Critic meet and greets (little did we know when we set the gathering locations and time up before cruising that we'd be subjected to an obstacle course just to find each other)

Jackie

They do use it to setup for the Art Auctions . . . We've used Skywalkers for CC get-togethers.

Thank you for taking all those pictures. I just booked the Sapphire. I too have never been on her so I'm loving this thread.

Jackie

Craig & Jack

Thank you for sharing the photos. I'm going to be on the Sapphire over New Year's Eve & really appreciate seeing the ship in advance.

You are both welcome. Sapphire is our favorite Princess ship (but we haven't sailed on that we didn't like:))

For anytime dining in the various restaurants, do they each still offer a signature dish in addition to the regular menu or are they all now exactly the same except for location and decor? Which one tends to be less crowded?

I'm so impressed with the photos of the public spaces. It looks like much more and larger public areas than the Star Princess (which I found to be very lacking)

I second all the previous posts. I've sailed the Sapphire three times and love her. Another great thing about the Sapphire as opposed to the newer Grand Class ships is she has a wider Promenade Deck which means she has full loungers on the Promenade as opposed to the chairs on ships like the Crown/Ruby/Emerald. May not be important to all but I love sitting on a lounger on the Promenade in the early morning and after lunch.

I second all the previous posts. I've sailed the Sapphire three times and love her. Another great thing about the Sapphire as opposed to the newer Grand Class ships is she has a wider Promenade Deck which means she has full loungers on the Promenade as opposed to the chairs on ships like the Crown/Ruby/Emerald. May not be important to all but I love sitting on a lounger on the Promenade in the early morning and after lunch.

We love that feature as well.:)

Archived