What would you do?

glo1196

Going on a 4 night cruise with my 18 year old daughter. We are booked in a D3...for $280 more total we can do a suite guarantee. Worth it right? I am so leaning toward doing it with her. I want to, but do not want to find out there is such thing as a horrible suite. I know I am probably going to get a JS but who cares it will be awesome. I have never had a suite! SHould I?

Also, this will give my our 5 credits! I cruise again in Feb. will I be able to add the platinum balcony discount to my cruise already? I have a residency discount and a next cruise booking that I bought 2 years ago. Any help there would be appreciated!

Going on a 4 night cruise with my 18 year old daughter. We are booked in a D3...for $280 more total we can do a suite guarantee. Worth it right? I am so leaning toward doing it with her. I want to, but do not want to find out there is such thing as a horrible suite. I know I am probably going to get a JS but who cares it will be awesome. I have never had a suite! SHould I?

Also, this will give my our 5 credits! I cruise again in Feb. will I be able to add the platinum balcony discount to my cruise already? I have a residency discount and a next cruise booking that I bought 2 years ago. Any help there would be appreciated!

I think suites are always worth it. Nice extra room for you.

I would do the suite gty in a heartbeat!! And don't forget even a JS will get you 2 cruise credits!:D And yes...you would be able to apply your platinum discount to your Feb. cruise since your "next cruise" certificate was bought before the rules changed...

I would do the suite gty in a heartbeat!! And don't forget even a JS will get you 2 cruise credits!:D And yes...you would be able to apply your platinum discount to your Feb. cruise since your "next cruise" certificate was bought before the rules changed...

OOoh you made my day with the platinum balcony discount !! I will have made final payment and it will be a credit, but that is ok by me :) Thanks for the input everyone. I talked to the agent and I took the Suite GTY. I looked online on RCCL and it already says JS suite guarantee. Really not a big deal to me. Does anyone ever get upgraded after it says that? I do not have a room assigned, just a says JS.

If you've never had a JS, you're in for a treat....it's more the size of a hotel room...and the tub and walk-in closet really make the space nice.

It's possible that you may be moved again, but not likely. Don't worry--the JS is a GREAT way to cruise! (And your tips will be the same as any other regular cabin!!!)

There are no bad Junior Suites on the Navigator. And you could be assigned ANY cabin from a JS on up. They COULD give you the Royal Suite! ;) :D

So, this is what it says now on my reservation:

Stateroom: Junior Suite W/balcony[/url] Guarantee

So, I gather I will get a JS but do not have a room assigned right? I also just noticed that for $4 more dollars each I can actually pick my own JS? What is up with that? I think my travel agent might kill me if I try that....LOL. There is an aft room available. Should I pay the difference and get it?

Even though I have recently upgraded to a JS from an E1 I am not necessarily in agreement with the majority here.

Firstly, therre is a big difference between a 4 nighter and a 7 nighter.

The cost of upgrade will go a long long way to pay off most, if not all of your on board expense account.

Look at it in those terms and then consider financially which makes more sense.

Upgradeing from a D to a JS will give you an extra bit of square footage for 4 nights.

Saving $280 on your on obard account will contribute towards the cost of your next cruise.

I'd think of it this way, your platinum discount on the next cruise (the very next month, right?) should be considered. If it is $50, then this upgrade only cost you $230, if your discount is $100, only $180.

We love having a JS whenever possible and I'm sure you will as well.

I have never done a suite before, and I am going to surprise my daughter with one. This is our mother daughter trip. There is only one stop in Cozumel so we are doing a beach and shopping day. We have already done the swimming with the dolphins and rays. I have already taken into account that I will get a credit on my Feb. cruise. :) Anyone know what the platinum balcony discount is?

Here is my dilema...should I pay the $8 and pick my cabin since I noticed that is the difference between a guarantee and not. Or should I hope for a better upgrade even if it says JS already on the invoice online?

I have never done a suite before, and I am going to surprise my daughter with one. This is our mother daughter trip. There is only one stop in Cozumel so we are doing a beach and shopping day. We have already done the swimming with the dolphins and rays. I have already taken into account that I will get a credit on my Feb. cruise. :) Anyone know what the platinum balcony discount is?

Here is my dilema...should I pay the $8 and pick my cabin since I noticed that is the difference between a guarantee and not. Or should I hope for a better upgrade even if it says JS already on the invoice online?

If you want the aft, then take it. But realize that the aft of the Voyager and Freedom class ship have a lot of structure that blocks the view. The view from the aft the Voyager and Freedom class ships is not as good as the view from the aft of the Vision and Radiance class ships.

See if it is possible to book a full suite (GS, OS or RS). If so, then an upgrade is possible, not not likely. If you cannot book a GS, OS or RS, then they are all taken and an upgrade will not happen.

Archived