Inaugural sailing extras?

Partyatsea

Chances are very few of us have been or will be on a NCL inaugural. They are buy invitation only , full of special perks, and free. I have been on several first revenue cruises and like others have pointed out nothing special.

If you want to know what happens on a true inaugural ask Coka since she as a runner up in the Gem Godmother competition was on the Gem inaugural.

I and many more from here will be on the pre-inaugural Epic TA and many will be on the post inaugural July 10th Eastern cruise. Both will be firsts and memorable but not the Epics inaugural.

Years ago, we were on the inaugural sailing of the Sky out of Dover.

It was memorable as one of the worst sailings we've experienced although the itinerary was superb. Never again will we sail on an inaugural cruise.

In addition to the extra gifts/toys and handouts, you can expect inaugural "perks" to include additional delays, mistakes, confusion, miss-coordination, miss-communication, and other inconveniences that are yet to be sorted out.

On our sailing the "perks" also included the near swamping of a tender (with us deep inside) and the false sounding of the muster signal at 3:00AM. They also included (at no extra charge) the severe listing of the ship in various turns that should have been negotiated more widely and slowly. Maybe its just me, but, I believe that fear should not be part of the cruise experience.

My advise is to avoid all inaugurals or near-inaugurals. Let others "enjoy" the learning curve.

John

We were on the inaugural New England/Canada cruise on the Jewel out of NYC. Sail away party was interesting - it was extended because the Jewel, the Crown and the Dawn (I think) were all in port on the same day and leaving the same day. The ships hung out in the harbor for a photo opp with the Status of Liberty in the background.

Also, when the Jewel passed its health inspection, they had open bar for everyone for 2 hours. Nice touch.

Archived