ISLAND PRINCESS - Temperature in public rooms?

milan84

I on the other hand am always hot so even though I found the Island a little too warm it may feel cool to you. We kept our cabin temperature at the lowest setting and it was fine for me. I had a top sheet put on the bed so I could throw off the duvet and hubby could sleep under it.

We like the rooms to be cold and we had no complaints. With said said though, we always found the buffet to be very hot. Probably due to the heat lamps and amount of people though. We were also in South America. :p

-Andrew

I have not been on the Island; however, for me, every Princess, or Holland, ship I have been on has been cold in the public rooms. I take a long-sleeved jacket specifically to wear on a ship. And, I spend too much time seeking areas of a ship which are not too cold so that I can relax and read a book somewhere other than my inside cabin. I sure get to know the ship's areas that way.

Alice

My husband and I were on the Island Princess when we went through the Panama Canal... Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles. I found the main dining rooms to be quite chilly, so I was glad when I had brought my shawls with me. Our rooms were a little cool too, but we had a balcony and I would go out there to warm up! The rest of the ship I thought was quite comfortable. Hope this helps.

:)

Most of the public room were on the cooler or even cold side - like the main show lounge during an afternoon movie. I even saw people dragging along a blanket from their beds it was so cold. They had a problem regulating the temp when the place wasn't filled like in the evenings. Strange.

Thanks for all the responses! :)

Was it fairly easy to change the temperature in your cabin (I noticed some of you said it was on the cool side)???

Yes. There is a thermostat on your cabin wall.:)

-Andrew

We found the public rooms on both Coral and Island to be the coldest on any ships we have cruised. The theatre especially was like an ice box, mentioned this to the CD on our last Coral cruise and he agreed, said that the engineers find it impossible to maintain a reasonably cool temp in the theatres, if they don't keep the aircon high then the temp rises too much for the theatre troupe.

Wrap up warm.

Archived