Best way...Dock to Sydney Airport

J18ktleo

If you have a ton of luggage, a taxi is probably the best bet. However if you're fairly mobile w/ your luggage, take the train. The Circular Quay station is a 5 minute walk from the Overseas Terminal. (I assume you're not docking at Darling Harbour). Fare to the airport is $15.50/person and the trip is about 20 minutes...go upstairs and you're in the terminal. At that time of day, you won't be competing with commuters for space on the train.

Sorry, jumping on this thread to ask a question too....

Our ship the Sun Princess is docking at Wharf 8, Darling Harbor. How far is that to the airport and do you know how much it would be by taxi. Don't really want to schlep all the luggage around on a train so willing to pay the extra for the taxi. Do you know how much? We dock on the 27th of November, a Friday. It is our day after Thanksgiving. Do Australian's celebrate Thanksgiving? :):):)

I think a taxi is around $40 to the airport and is about 20mins drive with regular traffic. I wouldn't suggest a train from there (it isn't far) but there is an uphill walk which is not fun. Make sure you have plenty of time, although you usually get off the ship quickly you can often spend a while queueing for a taxi, which do come through thick and fast.

No, we don't celebrate thanksgiving.

Also, jumping in on this thread. Is there anywhere to store luggage near Circular Quay? Our flight is not till 4h30 so we don't want to go straight to the airport.

No, we are not interested in the tours offered by RCCL that end at the airport.

Not unless you rent a hotel room for the day.....

Also, jumping in on this thread. Is there anywhere to store luggage near Circular Quay? Our flight is not till 4h30 so we don't want to go straight to the airport.

No, we are not interested in the tours offered by RCCL that end at the airport.

Closest I can think of would be a 15 minute walk up George St, to give you an idea.

I could walk 15 minutes. Could you provide details?

Hotel room is not an option as most will only give you 3pm check in.

On reserved rooms this is true, walkins are fine at whatever time if they a room free, pretty expensive storage though very nice if you also like to lie down/shower etc..

The two below may help for just storage: (Both would be a fair walk Google maps can help you decide there)

Name: Travellers Contact Point

Opening Hours: Monday - Friday 09:00 to 18:00;

Saturday - 10:00 to 16:00;

Sunday & Public Holidays - Closed

Telephone: 1800 647 640 or +61 2 9221 8744

Name: Wanderers-Travel.com

Opening Hours: Monday - Sunday 8:00 to 19:00

Telephone: +61 2 9280 4933

Cheers.

Do Australian's celebrate Thanksgiving?

Do you celebrate Australia Day or Anzac Day? I'm sorry to be so flippant, but how insular can you be? What is Thanksgiving a celebration of and why would Australians celebrate that?

I have enjoyed visiting the USA and meeting Americans, but for the most part, your lack of knowledge of the rest of the world is astounding

Do you celebrate Australia Day or Anzac Day? I'm sorry to be so flippant, but how insular can you be? What is Thanksgiving a celebration of and why would Australians celebrate that?

I have enjoyed visiting the USA and meeting Americans, but for the most part, your lack of knowledge of the rest of the world is astounding

Sorry I didn't mean to affend you. The reason I asked is because the day after Thanksgiving, at least in the US, is one of the busiest days of travel in the U.S. so I thought I would like to be prepared if it was that busy in your beautiful city of Sydney. Do you celebrate Christmas? Just wondering because that is pretty much a universal holiday around the world. And yes I may astound you by my lack of knowledge about Australia but since I have never been there I thought I would ask.

You astound me by your flipant replies to a general question about your Australian culture. :D

Fabian- With all due respect, think for a moment...what was the orgin of Thanksgiving? How does that relate to Aussie history or culture?

About the comment, "Christmas is pretty much a universal holiday around the world". No, it isn't....I don't have facts or statistics but do know the large majority of the planet's population is not Christian and does not celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday.

True, Canada has Thanksgiving for a different date for an entirely different reason...and many Asian countries "celebrate" Christmas as a purely secular holiday. As far as busy travel dates and holidays, you can do a Google search to find out holidays in the countries you will visit. There are busy periods such as school breaks that won't show on calendars and boards like this are a good place to find out that stuff.

Please no offense...I know you realize travel broadens your perspectives and experiences. It will be even broader by learning a bit about the people, history, and culture of the places you will visit. It's almost more important (to me) than picking the best dining option on the ship or the best tour on land.

Enjoy Australia....we thought we had done a lot of "homework" before our trip and it was still an amazing country full of surprises.

Reminds me of the Eddie Izzard comment in one of his stand-up routines. He says something like ... Hey Americans, there are over 250 *other* countries in the world. Could you please spend maybe 15 minutes learning a bit about one or two of them? So true!

Sorry I didn't mean to affend you. The reason I asked is because the day after Thanksgiving, at least in the US, is one of the busiest days of travel in the U.S. so I thought I would like to be prepared if it was that busy in your beautiful city of Sydney. Do you celebrate Christmas? Just wondering because that is pretty much a universal holiday around the world. And yes I may astound you by my lack of knowledge about Australia but since I have never been there I thought I would ask.

You astound me by your flipant replies to a general question about your Australian culture. :D

I wasn't offended - more amazed. As kenish put it much better than me - if you think about the reason you celebrate Thanksgiving, it has no relevance to any other country in the world.

Please do enjoy your stay in Australia - we are a friendly bunch. But you will also find that we can be pretty blunt as well.

I feel like everyone is picking on me....:(:(

Fe-fe, fi-fi, fo-fo, fum

I smell smoke in the auditorium ;)

Seriously though, I don't think there is any malice intended, Aussies tend to "take the piss out of each other", and tend to develop healthy respect for people who can laugh at themselves.

On the other hand, should St kilda win tomorrow, the 26th September shall forever be MY Thanksgiving Day :D

]I feel like everyone is picking on me....:(:([/i]

Fabian 52' date=' "Landth" is right! You need to take a deep breath and look at the up side (laugh)! And yes, I do think they were a[b'] tad out of line[/b], but NOBODY IS PERFECT! Hmmm, and here I was thinking that we, "The Yanks", were well liked in Australia & New Zealand:( My husband and I are looking forward to our trip Aus. and NZ in October in 2009, but maybe I was wrong, I know it was ALWAYS the trip of life time for us, no matter what or whom we believed in!

Archived