to upgrade or not to upgrade?

minidog

I will be sailing on the Radiance next month and my cruise date just had a drop in price!! I called Royal and they offered to upgrade me to a bigger balcony room: E1 Class ( I am currently in E3 class in a balcony hump room) on the same deck or recieve a $27 credit. The new room would be located next to the AFT rooms, the last cabin on the side. Would you take the credit or upgrade for a bigger balcony?

We don't like the E1's towards the back of deck 7 since you can't look directly down at the water due to the cover over the tenders. If this doesn't bother you then you should choose the bigger balcony. Personally, I would stay in the E3 hump cabin and take the credit. BTW, we feel the best E1's on deck 7 are the ones forward. Larger balcony and you can look straight down at the water.

It's not an upgrade if you're in the same catagory (E). In fact, I'd consider it a downgrade moving off the hump. I'd take the reduction in price unless I could move up to a D or JS cabin with a good location. I'd stick with my E cabin on the hump vs a D cabin in a different location in most cases.

We don't like the E1's towards the back of deck 7 since you can't look directly down at the water due to the cover over the tenders. If this doesn't bother you then you should choose the bigger balcony. Personally, I would stay in the E3 hump cabin and take the credit. BTW, we feel the best E1's on deck 7 are the ones forward. Larger balcony and you can look straight down at the water.

I agree. Stay with the hump E3 or go for a front E1 on deck seven.

Here is a rear deck seven E1 balcony with that cover that blocks the downward view.

RadE1Rear.jpg

Archived