Queen's staircase

geocruiser

Hi,

I need some info please. I would like to know if the Queen's staircase is easy to climb? Are the stairs in decent shape? Is there a good hand rail?

We are seniors in good shape but don't want to take any risks. I have seen pictures of the staircase (and it looks good) but I don't know if they are recent photos.

Also is it a safe place to walk?

Thank you,

Maria

You should have no problems...just take your time...there is a railing and the steps are good, although there are a lot of them

My sister and I (60 and 61 respectfully) are wondering if it is in an area that will be safe to walk to, by yourselves, from the cruise port. We'll be sailing there on the Conquest in January and it is our first time to the Eastern Caribbean ports (Key West and the Bahamas.)

My sister and I (60 and 61 respectfully) are wondering if it is in an area that will be safe to walk to, by yourselves, from the cruise port. We'll be sailing there on the Conquest in January and it is our first time to the Eastern Caribbean ports (Key West and the Bahamas.)

Hubby and I (48 & 44) walked from the ship to the queen's staircase (and through some more of Nassau too). It seemed a safe walk and was a fairly easy walk but does go uphill so take your time and take some water with you. We actually walked to Fort Fincastle and then to the stairs so we were going DOWN the stairs, not up them. It really was a nice site. There is a Walking Tour of Nassau posted somewhere here. (don't know how to link or I would :() We hit many of the spots listed. You could also arrange a taxi to take you there. There were lots of taxis by the port.

you should have no problems-- we always walk all over Nassau with and w/o our kids. Queens staircase is a historical place you will not want to miss, look up the history before you go. One tidbit do your shopping after you walk the island those bags get heavy!:cool:

We also walked to Queen's staircase. It wasn't that bad. We did walk up some pretty deserted streets without sidewalks, but felt perfectly safe. Now, walking up the actual stairs was a little intense as it's pretty steep and the stairs aren't super wide. I remember a hand railing and we walked up them and then down. It is definitely better to walk down them, but either way you have to get up to where they are. There are also some street vendors up there near Fort Fincastle.

Archived