Magic rumor info from my PVP

[quote name='jobster71']I think from the lack of bookings from the Splendor, it will not be likely that the "New" ship will sail from California. The Splendor has cabins selling for less than $450 for Spring break for 1A cabins and Spa rooms for less than $600 dollars per person. :confused:

I like California myself, because I use to live there. But financially it will not be good for Carnival to have 2 huge ship to fill.[/quote]

I know I am sailing on the Splendor in Jan and my PVP tells me that the ship is almost full and the Splendor, Spirit and the Paradise have been running almost full all of the time. They have had to drop the rates because of the depression this country is in. I have seen more rate drops for back east then I have seen on the west coast, in fact I have only had one price drop on my splendor cruise and that was for $20.00, but now the rates have gone back up because she is almost full. She said that they have just over 100 cabins that need to be filled.

[quote name='misguidedangel']I thought the rumor was that the Magic was going to be going to Galveston and replacing the Conquest. I would like to see it in Galveston and for them to change the itinerarty up and do something a little like the Freedom, 6 and 8 day cruises!!!![/quote]
And for us to get to Houston is a lot easier with a direct flight from Edmonton now.;)

Seems to me that a lot of people that love Galveston would be happier with the Spirit or the Legend so some longer itineraries could be offered to the eastern and southern caribbean.....

Isn't that what everyone is asking for :confused: New ports and itineraries????

Bite your tongue. Don't take my Spirit away.

I'm okay with any ship that comes to San Diego. I think people will sail on whatever ship comes west. Dream, Conquest, I don't care. I haven't sailed the Splendor yet because the price is too high so I don't know what all you guys are saying in that the prices on the west coast are so low. I'm not seeing that. Certain sailings that may not be booked to capacity will run a special for a few days but that doesn't mean it is cheap and they lose money.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bahamamama1
WHEN ARE WE GONNA FIND OUT ALREADY !!!!

I know they make money off Galveston cause out of the 3 cruises I have booked, the price NEVER goes down, it only INCREASES !

I read on here where everyone gets credits and upgrades and discounts but my rate never lowers :confused:

[quote name='Yukon111']Bite your tongue. Don't take my Spirit away.

I'm okay with any ship that comes to San Diego. I think people will sail on whatever ship comes west. Dream, Conquest, I don't care. I haven't sailed the Splendor yet because the price is too high so I don't know what all you guys are saying in that the prices on the west coast are so low. I'm not seeing that. Certain sailings that may not be booked to capacity will run a special for a few days but that doesn't mean it is cheap and they lose money.[/quote]

Splendor is going cheaper than the much older Conquest ... lots of deals to be had on Splendor.

This makes no sense to me they would give another new ship to Calif, when they are having to discount prices to the point of giving away cruises and $99 fares. Splendor is too cheap compared to Conquest as it is. If Carnival gives another new ship to Calif .... I will think they are dumb as rocks.

[quote name='jobster71']I think from the lack of bookings from the Splendor, it will not be likely that the "New" ship will sail from California. The Splendor has cabins selling for less than $450 for Spring break for 1A cabins and Spa rooms for less than $600 dollars per person. :confused:

I like California myself, because I use to live there. But financially it will not be good for Carnival to have 2 huge ship to fill.[/quote]

This is what I was thinking. I love the West Coast itinerary but more people cruise out of the East Coast. I would think they would put the Magic in Miami since the Dream is or will be out of PC.

[quote name='Earthworm Jim']Don't NOLA and Galveston traditionally not get the newest ships? If Carnival was moving a ship to one of those ports I'd guess it would be one currently sailing from Florida that's a few years older and the new Magic would take over the Florida route.[/quote]

When the Conquest was brand new it was homeported out of New Orleans.

[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]I am standing by my totaly unfounded rumor that the Magic is coming to NOLA. My friend that knows someone that knows someone that is a janitor at Carnival headquarters told me so and everyone knows that janitors hear all the good rumors floating around the office. That's my story and I am sticking to it.:D[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Traveler353'][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]I am standing by my totaly unfounded rumor that the Magic is coming to NOLA. My friend that knows someone that knows someone that is a janitor at Carnival headquarters told me so and everyone knows that janitors hear all the good rumors floating around the office. That's my story and I am sticking to it.:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

So it sounds like that when this janitor was cleaning the CIO's office he came across some big corporate secret that he just happen to have to share with his wife who shared it with her hair dresser? Then the hairdresser just happen to mention this to her maid who in return called her cousin who lives on Burgundy St near the French Quarter? After all its not his fault that a sheet of paper fell off a desk, onto the floor and when he picked it up, he just happened to glance at what was on that sheet of paper.

If The Magic is coming to N'awlins, I am selling my house in the Lafayette area & moving to Slidell.

[quote name='lollylew']There are two ships out of Galveston right? Where would the Conquest go? Or do you think there will be THREE ships sailing out of TX? :confused:[/QUOTE]

The cruises running out of Galveston are big money makers for Carnival, they're almost always full. I think if they did bring it into Galveston they'd move the Conquest out, or have the Conquest do the Ecstasy runs and move the Ecstasy to New Orleans so there would be 2 ships going out of there. Thus making the Triumph a 7 day sailing ship.

Just my .02 cents :)

[quote name='glrounds'][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]I'm guessing[B] (if this all happened)[/B] they'd move the [B]SPIRIT[/B] to the shorter 3,4, and 5 day cruises out of San Diego and let the [B]MAGIC[/B] do the 8-dayers to the lower Mexican Riviera, the cruises to Hawaii, and the summer Alaskan runs.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080]But, I do agree, California and its cruise market taking in Arizona and Nevada is really hurting financially and it has to be impacting the cruise business here. New home construction, my business, is virtually non-existent.:(A week ago I cruised [B]SOLO[/B] on the [B]SPLENDOR [/B]for [U]$595 :eek:for everything [/U]and was upgraded to a 4A. Thanks, Carnival. :)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/quote]

It's not even so much of a money issue, there are just so many times you can do the same ports over and over again, at least that is the issue for us, I would rather spend the time and money and fly to Miami to visit different ports.

[quote name='lady_cruiser']So it sounds like that when this janitor was cleaning the CIO's office he came across some big corporate secret that he just happen to have to share with his wife who shared it with her hair dresser? Then the hairdresser just happen to mention this to her maid who in return [COLOR=red]called her cousin who lives on Burgundy St near the French Quarter[/COLOR]? After all its not his fault that a sheet of paper fell off a desk, onto the floor and when he picked it up, he just happened to glance at what was on that sheet of paper.

If The Magic is coming to N'awlins, I am selling my house in the Lafayette area & moving to Slidell.[/quote]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]Dat's my cousin Boudreau.;)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Tapi']If $159 for a 4 night cruise on either the Paradise or the Elation doesn't look like a great deal, I don't know what is!
[/QUOTE]
I see these same prices for the Sensation as well so it can't JUST be CA cruises. In fact, the Sensation is usually listed right after the Paradise in terms of cheap cruises.

The question centers on where management thinks she'll make the most money. Remember, Magic can replace a ship's existing run moving that "old" ship to some other port. Miami and Galveston still seem to make sense to me. She's a big ship that you need to use for what you do best, that being 7 days in the Caribbean.

I'd still love to see Carnival develop a product offering longer than 8 days using one of their Spirit or newer Fantasy class ships. Maybe they are thinking about that given the "special" Miracle cruises over the winter of 2010/11. :cool:

[quote name='lollylew']I see these same prices for the Sensation as well so it can't JUST be CA cruises. In fact, the Sensation is usually listed right after the Paradise in terms of cheap cruises.[/quote]

I think the lowest Ecstasy prices for 4/5 days is $299 that Iv seen for a 4A which is what Carnival shows ... hard to see how someone in Calif cant see that the prices are way too low when its known most of the $159 goes to port fees

My two 4As on ecstasy are $279 and $299 and no sign of price drops on either. One is a month from final payment... so does Carnival say they got Galveston where they will pay anything, no matter which ship we stick them with or how we never change up the iterineries or do they reward them for being a great year round port.

The same could probably be said for NYC, except it gets too cold up there in the winter. .

Who knows how Carnival will come down.

Archived