A Cruise Tip for you Gentlemen

Scott_F

Doesn't the bible talk about David dancing before the Lord? You might suggest taking dance lessons. Your husband might thing dancing is too "sexual", but perhaps if he learned "dancesport" he might view it differently. The waltz, foxtrot, tango, swing, cha cha might seem more acceptable to him. ANd lessons could help him overcome his fears of looking like he doesn't know what he is doing.:p

Actually, we are talking about that tonight because of this thread. He said he might be interested in learning some form of a 'simple, non-sexual' ballroom dance... Yeah! That's a milestone! Thanks Scott... :D

Actually, we are talking about that tonight because of this thread. He said he might be interested in learning some form of a 'simple, non-sexual' ballroom dance... Yeah! That's a milestone! Thanks Scott... :D

I live to serve.

(voice in my head saying.... yeah, but all the "sexual" dancing is fun!!! As I said, I'm a HUGE fan of the way the younger generation dances these days!)

Dance with your ladies. No matter how much you suck at it.

I was re-reading my Conquest review from last month and I gotta tell ya, that was something that really stuck out.

I suck at dancing. My wife lives for it. I have two choices, watch her dance with a group of people that she doesn't know or join in. I choose to join in.

So, no matter what cruise you're on, there's a guy like me out there setting the bar rather low. All you have to do is go out there with a pulse and you'll be better than me. :)

We saw these three couples on our last cruise. One couple had no interest in dancing, another couple was dancing their butts off, and the third couple was split. Girl was dancing in place next to her bar stool, guy refused to take part. She was working him hard. All this guy needs to do is go out there and dance a couple of songs and I can guarantee you he's going to have the time of his life later in the cabin. But, no, he refuses, they have words, girl just leaves and he follows her out. Dummy. Big dummy.

But, hey, I guess he's too cool to dance in public.

I almost lost my life and they were going to also amputate one of my legs last January. Trust me on this... no matter how badly I suck at dancing, I'm going to enjoy these two legs.

So, gents, if your lady loves to dance, humor her a bit. Hell, drink a few beers or something before you get there. I can promise you, you'll likely reap many rewards later. You're on vacation dammit, act like it! ;)

This public service message was brought to you by a guy that now loves to dance... badly.

OMG!! I read this post and just had to respond and I didn't even read anyone's else's posts after this. My husband is one of those who REFUSES to dance with me. We went on a cruise this past June, just the 2 of us, no kids this time........I had begged and begged before we even left home to please dance with me and have a good time. Well we sat every night watching Music Unlimited sing and I did the chair dance. I am too shy to get up and dance with strangers....but I really wanted to get out there! Its unfortunate that he feels he is too cool to dance. It really puts a damper on our trip. So what winds up happening is that I get tired just sitting there and want to go back to the room very early. Then when we get there I am in a bad mood and go right to sleep. Then he complains. Why is it so hard for him to dance????? I don't understand. I mean who cares what you look like? Does it really matter? Its supposed to be fun!!!! Anyhow, I am so proud of you for being such a great guy and dancing!!! I need to get my husband to read your post.......

OMG!! I read this post and just had to respond and I didn't even read anyone's else's posts after this. My husband is one of those who REFUSES to dance with me. We went on a cruise this past June, just the 2 of us, no kids this time........I had begged and begged before we even left home to please dance with me and have a good time. Well we sat every night watching Music Unlimited sing and I did the chair dance. I am too shy to get up and dance with strangers....but I really wanted to get out there! Its unfortunate that he feels he is too cool to dance. It really puts a damper on our trip. So what winds up happening is that I get tired just sitting there and want to go back to the room very early. Then when we get there I am in a bad mood and go right to sleep. Then he complains. Why is it so hard for him to dance????? I don't understand. I mean who cares what you look like? Does it really matter? Its supposed to be fun!!!! Anyhow, I am so proud of you for being such a great guy and dancing!!! I need to get my husband to read your post.......

Okay, if you're under 18, please do not read what I'm about to write. (or if you're easily offended by anything to do with sex)

Next time you want your husband to dance with you, whisper in his ear how horny it makes you to dance. (and then follow thru later after you've danced your feet off). :eek:

This is not a difficult concept for me after 20 years of marriage. :cool:

I used to hate to dance, now I love it. Who wouldn't all that entails? ;)

Heck, between my first and second cruises this summer, I tore the meniscus in one of my knees and I was still dancing on cruise number two. It makes my wife happy.

And, as we say here in Texas, "If Mama ain't happy, nobodies happy."

The corollary to that... when Mama is happy, Daddy is happy.

My Legacy...

Scott_F.... helping guys get laid since 2009.

HAHAHA this has been priceless! Congratulations for throwing caution to the wind and doing what makes you happy! DH and I will only dance after we've had a few DOD's. That way, we're just tipsy enough to not care if people are laughing at us:p

We saw the nicest sight on our last cruise. There was a a lady who loved to dance but her husband had some physical challenges that prevented him from dancing. She had enough confidence to dance by herself or dance with the singer. There was a gentleman that was a very good dancer that went over and ask her to dance. He danced three different dances with her. The thrill on her face was fantastic. He was such a gentlemen that he walked her to her seat at the end.

Okay, if you're under 18, please do not read what I'm about to write. (or if you're easily offended by anything to do with sex)

Next time you want your husband to dance with you, whisper in his ear how horny it makes you to dance. (and then follow thru later after you've danced your feet off). :eek:

This is not a difficult concept for me after 20 years of marriage. :cool:

I used to hate to dance, now I love it. Who wouldn't all that entails? ;)

Heck, between my first and second cruises this summer, I tore the meniscus in one of my knees and I was still dancing on cruise number two. It makes my wife happy.

And, as we say here in Texas, "If Mama ain't happy, nobodies happy."

The corollary to that... when Mama is happy, Daddy is happy.

Believe me I have tried!!! I put it in writing even by sending him a very sexy email before our trip and telling him how wonderful it could be, etc. He just refuses to give in....... Poor Me!!! Oh, and I am definitely over 18 and had lost a ton of weight (35 pounds) and cruised at 114 pounds in a tiny bikini.....go figure!

My husband didn't dance when we married. I love to dance. A year ago, I bought a "ballroom basics" DVD and asked him if he would like to practice a few steps in the living room with me. He surprised me by agreeing (he's one of those guys who thinks he looks goofy dancing but loves music). After a couple of glasses of wine and lots of laughs and stepping on each others feet, he realized he could do the "basics" and I was having a great time learning things with him.

Now, he whirls me around the kitchen while dinner cooks (note: don't dip her near the stove :) and will dance with me on our cruises.

Amen! You'll never see these folks again (aside from the ones you become lifelong friends with, and they must have liked you for some reason anyway right?) so cut loose, have fun with your favorite girl. Flowers waiting in the cabin scores triple brownie points as well.

DW and I have turned 70 this year and we celebrate our 50th anniversary, Our 12/3 cruise on the Dream is our cerebration!!! We enjoy dancing, but she is hesitant unless others are on the floor then she is alright. BTW, she hasn't found anything she likes to drink, so that is out. We sit and wait, but when the floor fills, she has no problem keeping up with me. Yes, I'm still in love with her!!!:D And she with me!!

It seems that a lot of guys miss out on the fact that if you can dance, you get the gals. If you can dance GOOD, you get to pick, too:D

I learned this way back in high school, when 'disco' was getting started and made it a point to learn the new dances. It wasn't uncommon for me to be dancing with several girls at once and I pretty much had my "choice", if you get my drift...................:D

BTW, I met my wife at a dance and had a devil of a time trying to get her to go out with me. But, we danced and........................................;)

I love your attitude!!

And besides, who cares if someone "can't dance." You'll never see all those people again after the cruise anyway. Have fun!!

You've given great advice!!

That's just it. Dancing is NOT FUN for some (me). I will on occasion just to please the DW. I even took lessons but it is not enjoyable. To assume that something you like is fun for everyone is just plain wrong.

dh & i love to dance...and i love to share dh with other ladies who do not have dance partners...ok, maybe not love....but i do love to watch him dance with the more mature ladies onboard who wouldn't have someone to dance with. he's a great dancer....and yes, the men who can dance do get the women!

you can be the ugliest man...but if you can move on that dance floor it's okay....the women will line up to dance.

and guys! come on! your women are telling you what they need from you. man up! you have wants and needs. and if you want those needs fulfilled, a few minutes on the dancefloor will get you....well....some of those needs fulfilled...your wife has needs too....

and...if you can't dance but you TRY, you still earn those brownie points...you still make a love deposit....so all you have to do is get on the dancefloor....and move....it's all in your own head...so you are more worried about what complete strangers think about you than your life partner? come on! where is your priority? making your spouse happy or what someone you will never see again thinks about you?

So what your saying is...guys get out there and dance even if you don't want to because then maybe...your have "fun" later even if gal doesn't want to??? :p

Actually point is well taken. Having said that, I think guys (or gals who "don't" dance) should. Not in hopes for "dancing" later, but to try something. People easily get in a rut. They do what they are use to. The do what they are comfortable.

I thought I'd never run. Never. I thought people that ran were nuts. Than I had a friend challenge me to try it for 6 weeks. I'll be running in my first 5K next month. And it has taught me to try things and stretch myself.

When I go our our cruise I plan on trying every different food AND drink I can find!

I know guys that won't even do the slow-dance-go-in-a-little-circle with their ladies. Excuse is they have no 'rhythm' and can't get the 'beat'. what beat does one need to hold their lady close and "walk" in a small circle :confused::confused::confused: Considering what the "end result" can be ....................:p

Archived