A Cruise Tip for you Gentlemen

Scott_F

Been on Carnival a few times, quite happy except... no dancing. Even though threre was always at least one decent musician, I only saw a few fat women wearing flip-flops get up and wiggle around for a couple of minutes- usually not in time with the music- but that was it.

Many of the posts talk about women liking to dance- even with someone else's husband. I hate to burst anybody's fantasy, but if you're a single guy, they won't be interested. Not just my opinion- check out the "mature single men" thread on Solo Cruisers.

Dancing is hard work for a guy. I usually say it will take a guy 3 years to feel comfortable, and an impatient wife sure doesn't help. You'll notice most of these women were well aware their husbands didn't dance.

I've switched to Costa as my favourite line. I don't expect to get any dancing unless I'm with a dance group, but at least there are usually lots of people on the dance floor to watch.

LOL...my DW loves to dance, but won't dance w/me. Might be because I dance like a drunk robot. Yah...it ain't pretty. I'm usually the only one on the dance floor, because everyone has moved to the sides to laugh at the thoroughly uncoordinated beast trying to put some moves together like a bull in a china shop. By that time, my wife has usually exited the floor in embarassment.

To give you an indication of my dance moves, my kids nicknamed me, "Carlton" (Fresh Prince), the last time they saw me dance. Except that Carlton is better.

I have really enjoyed this thread. I love watching people dance. I would love to dance. However, I always have felt uncomfortable on a dance floor. Now, ballet & tap - no problem. After all, those are done as a well-practiced dance as opposed to freestyle. Anything else seems to be just beyond my grasp. I can feel the beat (was in band for 4 years). One daughter was on drill team - she can march, kick, do hip hop, etc. She has tried to teach me a little, but we just end up laughing so hard we can't even move. So, I chair dance a bit. Sure, I went to discos as a college student - didn't dance well then, either. DH - well, he's not into dancing - in college, he pretty much was silly on the dance floor, picking me up or spinning me around. I always think that I will dance on a cruise - after all, no one knows us. It just hasn't happened yet. Maybe someday.

Dance with your ladies. No matter how much you suck at it.

I was re-reading my Conquest review from last month and I gotta tell ya, that was something that really stuck out.

I suck at dancing. My wife lives for it. I have two choices, watch her dance with a group of people that she doesn't know or join in. I choose to join in.

So, no matter what cruise you're on, there's a guy like me out there setting the bar rather low. All you have to do is go out there with a pulse and you'll be better than me. :)

We saw these three couples on our last cruise. One couple had no interest in dancing, another couple was dancing their butts off, and the third couple was split. Girl was dancing in place next to her bar stool, guy refused to take part. She was working him hard. All this guy needs to do is go out there and dance a couple of songs and I can guarantee you he's going to have the time of his life later in the cabin. But, no, he refuses, they have words, girl just leaves and he follows her out. Dummy. Big dummy.

But, hey, I guess he's too cool to dance in public.

I almost lost my life and they were going to also amputate one of my legs last January. Trust me on this... no matter how badly I suck at dancing, I'm going to enjoy these two legs.

So, gents, if your lady loves to dance, humor her a bit. Hell, drink a few beers or something before you get there. I can promise you, you'll likely reap many rewards later. You're on vacation dammit, act like it! ;)

This public service message was brought to you by a guy that now loves to dance... badly.

Great post!!! Great Attitude!!!!!!

I was re-reading my Conquest review from last month and I gotta tell ya, that was something that really stuck out.

I suck at dancing. My wife lives for it. I have two choices, watch her dance with a group of people that she doesn't know or join in. I choose to join in.

So, no matter what cruise you're on, there's a guy like me out there setting the bar rather low. All you have to do is go out there with a pulse and you'll be better than me. :)

We saw these three couples on our last cruise. One couple had no interest in dancing, another couple was dancing their butts off, and the third couple was split. Girl was dancing in place next to her bar stool, guy refused to take part. She was working him hard. All this guy needs to do is go out there and dance a couple of songs and I can guarantee you he's going to have the time of his life later in the cabin. But, no, he refuses, they have words, girl just leaves and he follows her out. Dummy. Big dummy.

I almost lost my life and they were going to also amputate one of my legs last January. Trust me on this... no matter how badly I suck at dancing, I'm going to enjoy these two legs.

So, gents, if your lady loves to dance, humor her a bit. Hell, drink a few beers or something before you get there. I can promise you, you'll likely reap many rewards later. You're on vacation dammit, act like it! ;)

This public service message was brought to you by a guy that now loves to dance... badly.

Well said my friend! My hubby makes an "attempt" at dancing with me and you're so right - it doesn't matter a bit how great or NOT great he dances, it's the fact that he is willing to shake it just to please me that really pleases me! Oh, and Carnival's piano bars rock!

• 1 month later...

You don't need a cruise.We go out dancing a few times a month.We have some great nightclubs at the ocean that feature some good bands.

Steve

Do you dress formally? :confused:

Yes and no

When we go to the regular nightclubs and fundraisers no, but the some of the Gala's are black tie.

The time of year matters as well.Its too hot here for half a year for Formal attire and many of the places are very casual.It also depends on whether you go by boat or car.

Here's one that we frequent www.hirams.com/

Steve

I was in a ganster outfit and the wife was a old flapper girl outfit, but quite sexy mind you. :) (For Halloween). Gotta keep mama happy. And, I even post poned my knee surgery until yesterday so as to not mess up our long time Halloween plans. :)

Archived