NCL changed refund policy?

noedig

I recently noticed the cruise I had booked had dropped in price so I called my TA to see about getting a price adjustment. The cruise leaves in 5 weeks so I also asked about possible upgrades/upsells (we currently have a lowly inside stateroom).

My TA said he was able to get an Oceanview (with obstructed view) for us. When I said I would prefer to have the reduced price the TA said...

No sir they have recently changed there policies and are now only doing upgrades if they are available.

Does that jive with what other people are hearing/experiencing?

Thanks

After final payment, yes that is SOP (and has been for a long time)

I recently noticed the cruise I had booked had dropped in price so I called my TA to see about getting a price adjustment. The cruise leaves in 5 weeks so I also asked about possible upgrades/upsells (we currently have a lowly inside stateroom).

My TA said he was able to get an Oceanview (with obstructed view) for us. When I said I would prefer to have the reduced price the TA said...

No sir they have recently changed there policies and are now only doing upgrades if they are available.

Thanks

Thanks

I believe after final payment is made there are no adjustments in price.

Has been that way for a long long time. Once final payment DATE has passed, all bets are off. Yes, they sometimes will upgrade the cabin. And in very rare situations a few folks have gotten a price reduction, or OBC - same thing.

this must have gone into affect late last yr..cuz last oct. i made final payment on our Jan 09 cruise..

befor final payment..they told me that there was a $400 price adjustment..it nearly flatten d me..then was told that we d also be receiving a $250 OBC..

this must have gone into affect late last yr..cuz last oct. i made final payment on our Jan 09 cruise..

befor final payment..they told me that there was a $400 price adjustment..it nearly flatten d me..then was told that we d also be receiving a $250 OBC..

I think you're misinterpreting what's been said here. No one said that they didn't make adjusdtments before final payment. It's only after the final payment due date that they won't make price adjustments.

As you say, that was before final payment. That hasn't changed as far as I know.

the policy has been around for a few years, at least.

Yes, if it is BEFORE the final payment date (not when you actually paid), there is a very good, but not 100% chance you will get a break.

After that date has passed, they rarely make adjustments. It has happened, but normally it does not.

All as discussed above.

OOPS--njhorseman/MrLee/garycarla all seem to type faster than I--:D

Archived