bajathree

Just How Low Do You Think Oasis Will Go  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Just How Low Do You Think Oasis Will Go

• She will fall close to current pricing of Freedom Class
    • She will fall below current pricing of Freedom Class
    • She will keep a steep premium to Freedom Class
    • I don't really care I have no interest in Oasis

Well looks like they are starting to realize that they have this King Kong of cruise ships way over priced....so just how low do you think Oasis will go:confused:

I know on the Freedom Inaugural Insides when booking first opened were about

$1399 and by 2-3 months out they were going for $899 guarantee cabins

So I think for Oasis it will go a bit lower still....

My predication for lowest balcony or a guarantee is $1499...we shall see:)

Has final payment come due for the Dec 5 sailing?

In case you haven't been noticing some of the drops lately......just yesterday there was a HUGE price drop already on Indy for next Easter Break....April 3rd 8 night sailing...they dropped all categories......the most extreme were GS's dropped by $1000/pp:eek::eek::eek:....and D1's by $500/pp:eek:

Has final payment come due for the Dec 5 sailing?

Quite a few us on the roll call have made final payment in the last week or so but I think some have until around Oct 7th for final payment.

The prices now are still slightly higher than they were when I booked on the first day booking opened.Same with prices for the 1st Dec sailing.

I gave up my RFS today (seriously almost $10K!) then I changed to Family Balcony $5485 ended up in a D5 for 5 $4500 total!!! What surprised me is how many rooms are still open, so we'll see. I'm still maybe going to upgrade myself back to a GS but I don't know - not enough time to spend in the room this trip.

Unfortunately, for the week we have chosen, rates have only gone UP since I first inquired. We're paying $530 more than my quote from about 8 months ago. (I kept my notes from my first inquiry) I didn't expect them to fill up for the price either, but they seem to be- in fact I settled on a different week b/c adjoining C1's are sold out on 6/19. It looks like the first year when school is out, rates are going to be extreme. I hope for a drop though. We are paying $1700 more for 2 C1's on Oasis than we paid for an OS on Liberty! I feel gouged, for sure, but we want to go and maybe I'll feel different after the week. We are very excited!!!

I gave up my RFS today (seriously almost $10K!) then I changed to Family Balcony $5485 ended up in a D5 for 5 $4500 total!!! What surprised me is how many rooms are still open, so we'll see. I'm still maybe going to upgrade myself back to a GS but I don't know - not enough time to spend in the room this trip.

Marcia ....there is tons of availability for that Dec 1st sailing....especially on those Central Park balconies....I think people are starting to realize those are nothing but glorified promenade rooms staring at each other with little to no privacy.....they are going to definitely be selling those as Gty staterooms as they are currently like only 20% or less of them sold:eek:

Seems like the upgrade fairies must be busy as just all of a sudden overnight half the unsold GS's are showing sold as well as about half the unsold JS's....I doubt very seriously that all of a sudden in 12hrs they had a run on those cabins as they have been sitting pretty steady for the last few weeks now.

Seems like the upgrade fairies must be busy as just all of a sudden overnight half the unsold GS's are showing sold as well as about half the unsold JS's....I doubt very seriously that all of a sudden in 12hrs they had a run on those cabins as they have been sitting pretty steady for the last few weeks now.

Perhaps the fact that those who buy cabins for the Charity Naming one night cruise on 30th Nov are offered cabins at reduced rate, has something to do with the GS's & JS's not now showing :confused:

Perhaps the fact that those who buy cabins for the Charity Naming one night cruise on 30th Nov are offered cabins at reduced rate, has something to do with the GS's & JS's not now showing :confused:

You may have been correct Liz;)...most appear to be back available again:rolleyes:

I started out in GS for 5/29/10 down graded to D4 now back up to JS.. GS is 9k.. hope the price goes down..

I am booked for end of nov 2010 and prices are comparable to freedom class after 1 year they were released.

Yes....I to have Allure booked already for April 2011 and at that point Allure and Oasis are priced pretty much exactly the same as Freedom class already.

Yes....I to have Allure booked already for April 2011 and at that point Allure and Oasis are priced pretty much exactly the same as Freedom class already.

At 1 point, Oasis for July 25th 2010, was cheaper than Freedom, has now gone the other way though

Archived