Easter Sunday airfare 4/4/10

AndyPanda

The pricing is just as bad if you fly out Thursday night, Friday or Saturday too. I have been watching those days out of Detroit. I think the most I have ever paid for air to Orlando was $179, and I what I have found is anywhere from $329 - $399 that will work for our roundtrip following the cruise. Now if you could only get on an 8:00 am flight home... that would save you about $100pp. :mad:

I think the most I have ever paid for air to Orlando was $179

The crucial piece of information missing is: WHEN was the travel for that "most I have ever paid".

Pricing for air travel in any market is dependent on when tickets are purchased (advance purchase requirements and/or "sales"), published fare levels, inventory allocation to the various fare levels, and demand for inventory that has been released, along with other factors.

Just because you got a price of $179 in the past doesn't mean that for this particular set of circumstances you will get similar. There is no direct "apples for apples" unless you are talking about similar flights over Easter holiday in past years. And even then.....

Many people think that airline seats should be priced like cereal....if I bought the Wheaties for X last time, it should be about the same this time, unless there's a "sale". Sorry...it doesn't work that way.

Easter Sunday = (either end of or beginning of) Spring Break = families with kids in school traveling = $$$$$$$ :rolleyes::eek:

We are flying to FL on Palm Sunday and returning on Good Friday. To fly from my home airport, it is actually about the same as flying at Christmas time. (hence we are driving 1.5 hours to another airport)

Archived