ft lauderdale

CanadianEh!

Ft lauderdale only has 1 cruise ship port correct?

I have seen a few places refer to the ft lauderdale port, port evergalde and everglade i assume they are all the same thing.

and is the sheraton fort lauderdale airport//cruise terminal good it is only 180 a night and has airport transfer and 12 dollar transfer to cruise terminal but want to make sure it is the same place :P

or if anyone has any other options that include airport and cruise transfer and don't cost a small fortune

thanks

I'm not familiar with the hotel you're considering, but you might want to look into Priceline or Hotwire to see if that hotel (or a comparable one) is available for a lower price. If you don't mind paying $180 US for a hotel, then that's one thing... but if you'd like to get a better deal, then you might have some luck with those travel websites. Pricing and availability really does depend on what's going on in the area at the time you want to book a room, but great deals are available. Downside is you have to pay up front, and if you don't go on your trip, you don't get a refund (not sure if travel insurance would cover things).

We are staying at the Marriott Renaissance on 17th for our upcoming cruise. It has great reviews on this site and other travel sites (tripadvisor, etc.) Prices on the hotel's website and other sites were around $160-180. We used Priceline and got it for $60/night. They don't offer a shuttle, but the savings more than covers the cost of a taxi from the airport and to the port, and the location was great.

I have seen a few places refer to the ft lauderdale port, port evergalde and everglade i assume they are all the same thing.

and is the sheraton fort lauderdale airport//cruise terminal good it is only 180 a night and has airport transfer and 12 dollar transfer to cruise terminal but want to make sure it is the same place :P

or if anyone has any other options that include airport and cruise transfer and don't cost a small fortune

thanks

I'm staying at that hotel next week for a business event. You might do better than $180 a night though. I'm only paying $119. If you don't find a better situation, when you get to the front desk to check in, ask them if they have a better rate. Sometimes they can give you a lower price or a room upgrade or both. Depends on how full or busy they are. The main entrance to the port is right at the end of I-595 which runs by the airport. But a lot of cruise ships use Terminals 1,2 or 3 which are up by SE 17th ST thus a lot of cruisers stay in that area. But $12 for the shuttle/transfer to the port is probably a little cheaper than a cab depending on which terminal you're sailing from.

thanks

Port Everglades is the one and only port in Ft Lauderdale

No way would I pay $180 per night for an old airport Sheraton! :eek:

If that $12 transfer is per person, and there's more than one of you, a taxi will be a lot cheaper.

You don't need a shuttle in Ft Lauderdale, the distances are close and taxis are cheap and plentiful. Look at the SE17th Street hotels, they're in a far better location than that Sheraton. The airport and Port Everglades are adjacent, and the SE17th Street hotels are just outside the entrance to the port with dozens of restaurants, shops, grocery & liquor stores all right there. The Sheraton is isolated on the SW corner of the airport next to a freeway. I'd try these instead...

Embassy Suites... http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_us/es/hotel/fllsoes-embassy-suites-fort-lauderdale-th-street-florida/index.do

Renaissance... http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllbr-renaissance-fort-lauderdale-hotel-at-port-everglades/

Hyatt Place... http://ftlauderdaleairport.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp

Holiday Inn Express Convention Center... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/fllcc

Extended Stay America... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

Hilton Marina... http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/FLLGRHH-Hilton-Fort-Lauderdale-Marina-Florida/index.do

We are staying at the Marriott Renaissance on 17th for our upcoming cruise. It has great reviews on this site and other travel sites (tripadvisor, etc.) Prices on the hotel's website and other sites were around $160-180. We used Priceline and got it for $60/night. They don't offer a shuttle, but the savings more than covers the cost of a taxi from the airport and to the port, and the location was great.

I stayed at the Renaissance this past spring pre-cruise. I really liked it. There's a Wallgreens right across the street for those "last minute items".

We will be cruising on Celebrity's Solstice the end of January. Just booked a room at Hyatt Place on Priceline for $72 plus taxes, also added insurance for another $5.00.. Price for the same night on all of the travel sites I checked was $227. Also, Hyatt Place has an airport shuttle and a shuttle to the port. It's only about 1/2 mile from Port so a taxi would also be relatively inexpensive. Location is great!

Thank you for all the info i would love to stay at the embassy but 250 dollars a night is way to much. all those hotels are in the 200+ a night range for January. Atlesat for our canadian travel forums.

Try Priceline or Hotwire, there are many threads on here how and you should be able to get a much better hotel for a lot less money.

We used Priceline. We're from Ontario, and I don't remember it being an issue at all. I know some sites won't let you use a non-US address or credit card, but I don't think that Priceline had any limits that way.

It went on the credit card as a US purchase and the credit card company uses their own exchange rate.

We were thrilled with our Priceline booking. Not only was it kind of fun to "bid" on the hotel stay, but we'd originally planned on using our Airmiles to book the hotel (so we didn't have to pay out of pocket before cruise). We would have used most of our Airmiles for the two nights at a hotel in a worse location, with mediocre to decent reviews... instead, we paid $60/night for two nights ($142 with taxes and fees) and converted the Airmiles to gift certificates worth $600... so a much better usage of the Airmiles!

Archived