Combinable discounts?

crischickie

I checked the fare for a balcony cabin for a cruise I booked on board (future cruise?) and with my D discount, it was pretty good, so, I called RCI and asked about changing to a balcony. I was told that if I used the D discount, I would lose my future cruise OBC.

I know that I cannot combine owners credit with future cruise OBC or WOW sale OBC, so, I won't be booking on board anymore and will think twice about booking a WOW sale. But, I thought some of these other promotions were combinable.

When I asked the RCI agent if there are any credits and discounts that are combinable she said "yes," but, wouldn't tell me which.

I am aware of the credit card discounts; future cruise OBC; owners OBC; P,D and D+ balcony discount; WOW sale OBC and C&A discount coupons. I don't know how many are discounts and OBC are possible, so I may learn about more than I already know with the answers.

Does anyone know which credits and discounts are combinable and which are not?

I can add that "seniors and military" discounts are combinable with the balcony discounts.

This is probably just a technicality, but in the interest of separating the two, I believe "Seniors and Military" are actually RATES, and not DISCOUNTS...just as the "Resident" price is a rate, not a discount.

I believe those RATES are combinable with other DISCOUNTS.

Whereas I believe that you can receive just one DISCOUNT per booking, hence why you cannot combine the coupons; P, D, D+ discounts; shareholder benefit, etc., which are all DISCOUNTS. You may take just one of those.

I hope I didn't say something that was wrong, but that's how I understand it.

This is probably just a technicality, but in the interest of separating the two, I believe "Seniors and Military" are actually RATES, and not DISCOUNTS...just as the "Resident" price is a rate, not a discount.

I believe those RATES are combinable with other DISCOUNTS.

Whereas I believe that you can receive just one DISCOUNT per booking, hence why you cannot combine the coupons; P, D, D+ discounts; shareholder benefit, etc., which are all DISCOUNTS. You may take just one of those.

I hope I didn't say something that was wrong, but that's how I understand it.

I like the way you worded that and it makes perfect sense to me!

It all changed jan 2009. I was lucky that we got to use all the lower rates(senior) and the discounts on our last booking for JOS. Since we used a next cruise certificate that was bought before the change it all grandfathered.

We got to use the Plat discount for the balcony, the crown and anchor discount for the cruise date, the obc for the stockholders and the obc for the next cruise certificate. It will not happen again, so we were glad it was for this cruise, which is a 10 nighter so the obc doubled!

I think NC Mtn Boys' explanation was pretty clear (as I would expect it to be, being a NC boy myself), but can we attempt to just make a list? I'll try ..

Senior/Military/Resident rates - Yes, combinable

RCCL VISA OBC- Yes, combinable

Crown & Anchor discount coupons - No, not combinable

On board booking OBC - No, not combinable

Platinum/Diamond discount on balcony and above - No, not combinable

Stockholder's benefit - No, not combinable

but can we attempt to just make a list? I'll try ..

Senior/Military/Resident rates

RCCL VISA OBC

The above are combinable with ONE from below:

Crown & Anchor discount coupons

On board booking OBC

Platinum/Diamond discount on balcony and above

Stockholder's benefit

Just to add a little clarification.

I guess I wasn't thinking of the OBC as a discount. Perhaps as a bonus? But that certainly clears things up.

Thanks to everyone (particularly NC Mtn Boys) for the clarification.

The OBC is where it might get confusing. OBCs are generally combinable (RC Visa, TA incentive, purchased OBC). But the OBC that you get for booking on board is not.

Unless you booked prior to Jan 2009. If you have a Next Cruise certificate prior to Jan 2009......Everything is still combinable with that certificate when you make your Booking! I just used a NC last month ( that was purchased in June 08), got my Balcony discount, Stockholder OBC, Next Cruise OBC, T/A OBC, and still trying to tack on whatever else I can find !:D:eek:

Archived