Address & Instructions - HAL 1yr Unconditional Return Guarantee -- Jewelry & Watches

EugeneD

Hi,

I'm looking for the mailing address to take advantage of my 1yr unconditional guarantee for jewelry & watches purchased on board Holland America.

I bought several great pieces of jewelry, all of which have exceeded my expectations around quality, and cost less than similar items I've compared to back in the States. However, my watch has formed condensation during humid days. It's a frederique constant, and for the price, shouldn't have such problems as a broken seal.

I've not had much luck searching online for the return instructions. It's been less than one year. I do have the box and booklet, hopefully the receipt. I think the store's name was Signature or something. They mentioned the return policy at time of purchase.

If you've ever done this, or can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Eugene.

Hi,

I'm looking for the mailing address to take advantage of my 1yr unconditional guarantee for jewelry & watches purchased on board Holland America.

I bought several great pieces of jewelry, all of which have exceeded my expectations around quality, and cost less than similar items I've compared to back in the States. However, my watch has formed condensation during humid days. It's a frederique constant, and for the price, shouldn't have such problems as a broken seal.

I've not had much luck searching online for the return instructions. It's been less than one year. I do have the box and booklet, hopefully the receipt. I think the store's name was Signature or something. They mentioned the return policy at time of purchase.

If you've ever done this, or can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Eugene.

If it is purchased onboard the ship, it would be handled by Starboard Cruise Services.

At a shoreside 'Guaranteed Shop' it is PPI Group (unless it's a Turkish Rug in which case it is SeaSong Tours)

I don't have contact info at home, but you might be able to use that to find the contact info on the internet.

If you spend major money on jewlery on the ship they report it to custome when you are debarking the ship.

We did one time and several weeks after the cruise we got a polite letter and bill from customs with a tax bill for the jewlery

Ruth & Jim

Tagging onto Jim's comment, I cruised with two good friends who purchased almost identical jewelry onboard, spending within dollars of each other and over the duty-free limit. At the end of the cruise they reported to the onboard Customs officers at the same time, each going to a different agent in the card room. Well, the one was charged duty and the other was specifically not charged. They still laugh about it today, what else could they do?

A few years ago I had a problem with the first and last big purchase that I made on a HAL ship.

I called Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 and they took care of everything -- where to mail item back and how, etc.

That might have been the case then KK, but I can absolutely assure you that for this guests' needs, I have provided the correct information.

Any leads for how to reach Starboard Cruise Services? I found their website, but it seems to be a job career site (for recruiting sales staff). www.starboardcruise.com/

Yes, as I mentioned, it was purchased on board -- i.e., I am not trying to use Holland to seek recourse from a "guaranteed store" on one of the islands.

I know about customs -- though if someone knows whether the tax I paid to US Customs is also refundable, in the event I get a refund on my item, I suppose that would be helpful.

Should I just call HAL at 1-877-932-4259?

Any leads for how to reach Starboard Cruise Services? I found their website, but it seems to be a job career site (for recruiting sales staff). www.starboardcruise.com/

Yes, as I mentioned, it was purchased on board -- i.e., I am not trying to use Holland to seek recourse from a "guaranteed store" on one of the islands.

I know about customs -- though if someone knows whether the tax I paid to US Customs is also refundable, in the event I get a refund on my item, I suppose that would be helpful.

Should I just call HAL at 1-877-932-4259?

Here you go:

J. P. Miquel

Chief Executive Officer and President

8034 N.W.

14th Street

Miami, FL 33126

United States

Phone: 305-728-4520

Fax: 786-845-1112

Starboard Cruise Services, Inc. operates as a subsidiary of LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, Inc.

And their Parent Company info:

LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton

22, avenue Montaigne

75008 PARIS

FRANCE

Tel: 33 (0)1 44 13 22 22

Fax: 33 (0) 1 44 13 22 23

a few years ago I returned tanzanite earrings and necklace - I printed the return form from my computer - went to the Starboard cruises website - filled everything out, mailed it to Miami (around US thanksgiving time and received my check about 3 weeks later (and I am in Canada - I know it was before Christmas that I received it).....

I believe this may be the site: but double check with Holland America.

http://www.starboardcruise.com/customer_P.htm

you will see menu on the left that allows you to print return forms (at the time I sent mine, I don't think there was a different form for US versus non-US residents, but I may be mistaken)......

Archived