Parking at the NY Pier for Dawn

mgmigs

Ports America is the successor to P&O. When P &O sold itself to Saudi Arabia, the US Congress raised a stink and P&O spun this out as Ports America(actually I think it initially called itself P&O America) so ports America makes sense. The Pier in Brooklyn is technically leased by the City to Port Authority but NY City Operates it. I did make a mistake in that The NYCEDC is not a commission but a corporation...but it is still the same entity that is responsible for who runs both the piers. I wouldn't believe everything I read on the website. They bought another pier in Brooklyn so that they can open three piers in Brooklyn too but that won't happen for a long time(we should live so long).....

I wasn't questioning the P&O part (perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough). I'm aware of the P&O debacle . That's why I addressed only the Brooklyn pier's management :"The Brookly (sic) terminal is managed by NYCEDC and the PA."

You're saying that the Web site is wrong and P&O (Ports America) also manages Brooklyn? Is Ports America's own Web site also wrong? They say they manage Manhattan, but there is no mention of Brooklyn on their list of ports managed.

I wasn't questioning the P&O part (perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough). I'm aware of the P&O debacle . That's why I addressed only the Brooklyn pier's management :"The Brookly (sic) terminal is managed by NYCEDC and the PA."

You're saying that the Web site is wrong and P&O (Ports America) also manages Brooklyn? Is Ports America's own Web site also wrong? They say they manage Manhattan, but there is no mention of Brooklyn on their list of ports managed.

Both Ports are run by NYCEDC...........

All I know its the same people who do the work in Manhattan and Brooklyn....I am sure the EDC doesn't do any work itself.....

(there goes my invite to their next event)

Both Ports are run by NYCEDC...........

Both Sid and I know that NYCEDC is at the top of the terminal "food chain" at both the Manhattan and Brooklyn ports. What we're discussing is what entity actually runs the day to day operations at the terminals, and it is clearly Ports America under contract, at least in Mahattan, and Sid is saying also in Brooklyn...despite my citing two sources that say it's not.

All I know its the same people who do the work in Manhattan and Brooklyn....I am sure the EDC doesn't do any work itself.....

(there goes my invite to their next event)

Perhaps there just isn't a formal contract in place for the Brooklyn pier. Since the number of ships docking in Brooklyn is only a fraction of those using Manhattan, perhaps Ports America is hired as a per diem subcontactor for Brooklyn under some provision of their contract to operate Manhattan that permits such an arrangement.

Archived