New to Oceania

mommas

We tried on our upcoming cruise and we could not make reservations.

Oceania is apparently only trying this on 2 or 3 cruises before releasing it for all cruises.

So it may not work on your cruise.

Retired Fl is correct, I just spoke with Shari and she confirmed that it is a pilot program and only a selected few sailings are able to use this new option.

Before I spoke with Shari I had tried unsuccessfully to book for our 3 Nov & 15 Nov. 2009 and thought that I as just doing something incorrectly.

Jill

I think you can only have a maximum of 8

What options do they give when you book?

I am much too early to even try to book ;)

Lyn

They give you the option of both specialty restaurants. Since this cruise is 25 days, I get 3 reservations in each place (concierge). They show you a calendar of days that are shaded available, and times that are below

Please select an available time from the options below. (Times are based on guest and restaurant availability)

6:30 PM 7:30 PM 8:00 PM 8:30 PM

They also show the menu's.

Don't quote me on this but Suites/PH can book 90 days in advance. Concierge 60 days and remaining suites 45 days. Of course to be safe, print out your completed reservation grid.

Please select an available time from the options below. (Times are based on guest and restaurant availability)

6:30 PM 7:30 PM 8:00 PM 8:30 PM

Thanks

Do they ask if you want to share a table or # of people for your reservation?

Table size?

Thanks

Do they ask if you want to share a table or # of people for your reservation?

Table size?

Yes, If you select No, they assume you are putting together a table with others. In our instance, we were trying to get about 16 of the roll call members together the first sea day to meet, etc. I gathered their booking numbers but was denied after booking eight. So another member will have to book the remaining roll call folks. It was pretty smooth and easy. I encountered a few error messages and just tried again and was able to book others. I assume that those invitations for both restaurants would be delivered as if I had reserved them onboard. Now I am waiting for the spa to take reservations instead of me sprinting to the Spa as soon as I board:eek:

Well for those of us that are on sailings when the advance dining reservation system is being tested, let's all play nice & be low maintenance so Oceania can see the potential & roll out the program fleet-wide! :D:D

We had absolutely no problem making our reservations. But I do wonder how tables will be assigned. We'd prefer a 2-top in the specialty restaurants but there was no option for selecting table size. Just a general question asking whether you were OK for sharing & the option to invite others to join your table. We checked "no" but I somehow doubt that will automatically get us a deuce. Either way, it's good to have it done.

Reservation Rules

When to make your reservations:

• The online dining reservation system closes 14 days prior to your sailing's embarkation date.
  • Owner's and Vista Suite can make reservations anytime after final payment to 14 days prior to embarkation.
  • Penthouse Suite can make reservations 75 days to 14 days prior to embarkation.
  • Concierge Level Veranda staterooms can make reservations 60 days to 14 days prior to embarkation.
  • Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom can make reservations 45 days to 14 days prior to embarkation.

Number of reservations:

• Owner's Suite, Vista Suite and Concierge
    10-17 Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant
    18+ Sailing Days: 3 reservations at each restaurant
  • Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom
    10-17 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant
    18+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Number of guest per table:

• All reservations have a maximum of 8 guests per table.

Well for those of us that are on sailings when the advance dining reservation system is being tested, let's all play nice & be low maintenance so Oceania can see the potential & roll out the program fleet-wide! :D:D

Is there a way to find out which cruises are the "guinea pig" cruises if you are more than 45 days out?

Or do you simply wait till then and try.....

Is there a way to find out which cruises are the "guinea pig" cruises if you are more than 45 days out?

Or do you simply wait till then and try.....

Depending upon your cabin category and of course sailing date, once you make the final payment, you will find the link under the "already booked" where it lists shore excursions, etc.

The link is on all "already booked" cruises. If you click on it is will say dining option unavalable or something simular.

So far I haven't seen a list of cruises qualifying but I understand it is only one per ship.

Lets hope it works and they roll it out for all cruises.

My cruise is on Dec 20th and I am in a verandah, so I know it is too early for me to book. However, this is the message I get:

We're sorry. Reservations cannot be made at this time. Please try again later or contact our Reservations department at 1-866-765-3630.

I am hoping that it means I might be able to do it 45 days before (?) That would be nice.

Then again, it might mean that this cruise is not part of the pilot trial.

Anyone in a suite on this cruise that has tried making this reservation?

My cruise is on Dec 20th and I am in a verandah, so I know it is too early for me to book.
Well in 2 short weeks you'll know for sure. ;);)

But in the meantime (since 2 weeks is an eternity when waiting) you could call Oceania Reservations & get the scoop from them.

Well in 2 short weeks you'll know for sure. ;);)

But in the meantime (since 2 weeks is an eternity when waiting) you could call Oceania Reservations & get the scoop from them.

Good news - the cruise is one of those you can book ahead (as it is an 18 day cruise - 2 reservations in each restaurant) - yeeeeeeeaaaah!

"Bad news" - it's more than 2 weeks away (more like a month) - I can wait.

We tried on our upcoming cruise and we could not make reservations. Oceania is apparently only trying this on 2 or 3 cruises before releasing it for all cruises. So it may not work on your cruise.
I made our specialty dining reservations on-line a few weeks ago for our upcoming Regatta sailing. Just today I received an e-mail from Oceania announcing the new dining reservation system with roll-out dates as shown. It certainly appears that this new system will soon be available fleet-wide.

New Online Dining Reservations!

Now you can make advanced dining reservations online for Polo Grill and Toscana. Pending availability, you can select preferred dates and times and even invite guests to join your party. Online reservations are available beginning with the following sailings:

Nautica, November 10, 2009 • Regatta, November 14, 2009 • Insignia, November 25, 2009

Restrictions do apply so make sure you read our Reservation Rules before attempting to make reservations. We hope to welcome you aboard soon!

Archived