Mini Suite Questions

robgvic

I would have to agree that the fully covered AD minis on the Emerald deck are the best rooms on the ship, if you book one, try to aim for Starboard side as the bandstand is under the Port side. But like others have said, you don't get any "special" amenities, which is sad. I'm cheerleading to Princess for full room service menus :D like that will ever happen, but I can dream! Otherwise, we love the larger balcony and having the bathtub really makes a difference, even if your just showering, the curtain wont try to eat you.

Bigger cabin, crappy glass of cheap champagne and the same lumpy mattresses as standard cabins. Wouldn't really say you have a walk-in closet. Wouldn't even think of taking a bath in that tub. Some more room than a standard balcony. Paid the same price as a standard otherwise not worth much more. Nicer decor and lighting.

I've never had anything but a mini-suite, but our friends had a balcony cabin and the mini-suite looked a lot bigger to me. Loved the bathroom..don't use the tub, just gives you a lot more room and more counter space. It looked like a walk in closet to me...big enough area to get dressed in. We thought the bed was great and we slept like babies. Not a lot of perks other than the extra room and the glass of champagne, which we thought was just fine. We always stay on the Emerald deck and so far have been lucky enough to get the last cabin, which has the extended balcony and is wonderful. Have a wonderful cruise:)

We are considering upgrading to a mini suite on our December cruise on the CB. Other than the bath and the sofa area what other special things do you get?
As has been said, you get the 2nd TV. No other amenities other than the glass of champagne upon sailaway.

a standard balcony cabin on a HAL ship and a second tv.
After 66 days, I have yet to have any HAL cabin that's close to the size of a Princess mini-suite, nor have I seen any other than a full suite. Perhaps I've been on the wrong ships but then a case could be made for the Sun-class mini-suites that are the size of a grand-class full suite. IMHO, the Princess cabins closest to a standard HAL cabin are those on the former "R" ships.

You get:

A second tv.:)

A seperate sofa/sitting area.:)

A MUCH bigger bathroom than a standard cabin, and a tub too!.:)

A bigger closet than a standard cabin.:)

On the dolphin deck mini's, you get a lovely view of your fellow passengers up above you from your balcony. Remember to turn around and wave to all of them looking down on you.:eek: The dolphin mini's are uncovered, and stick out further from the side of the ship than the balcony's on the decks above. I especially love when the deck attendants hose down the pool deck at night. All the water, and garbage, and cigarette butts, brown/dirty water, etc, collect on my mini suite balcony from the spray from up above. Just make sure your not sitting out on your balcony or else you will get "rained" upon from above from the previously mentioned pool/deck attendants and their high powered hoses. Don't they realize that all that water that they are washing the pool deck down with has to go somewhere? Yeah, over the side and into the balconys of the mini suites on the dolphin deck, that's where it goes. (Sorry for my rant, this is my only peeve with the dolphin mini's)

As stated, the Emerald mini's are the best on the ship. Same size mini suite, with a COVERED balcony.:D

You get:

A second tv.:)

sofa.:)

bigger bathroom.:)

bigger closet.:)

on the dolphin deck mini's, you get a lovely view of your fellow passengers up above you from your balcony. Remember to turn around and wave to all of them looking down on you.:eek: The dolphin mini's are uncovered, and stick out further from the side of the ship than the balcony's on the decks above. I especially love when the deck attendants hose down the pool deck at night. All the water, and garbage, and cigarette butts, etc, collect on my mini suite balcony from the spray from up above. Just make sure your not sitting out on your balcony or else you will get "rained" upon from above from the previously mentioned pool/deck attendants and their high powered hoses. Don't they realize that all that water that they are washing the pool deck down with has to go somewhere? Yeah, over the side and into the balconys of the mini suites on the dolphin deck, that's where it goes. (Sorry for my rant, this is my only peeve with the dolphin mini's)

As stated, the Emerald mini's are the best on the ship. Same size mini suite, with a COVERED balcony.:D

I have had 3 uncovered mini suites and never had anything dropped, thrown or tossed on our balcony......

Hi! What balcony furniture are you likely to get on an Emerald deck minisuite on Sapphire Princess? Lounge chairs or upright? I wouldn't guess there'd be room for both types (unlike on the balcony of a rear-facing minisuite on Dawn Princess, which has). The illustration of cabin floorplan on Princess's web site suggests a small table and three upright chairs. Anyone have any concrete information?

Cheers!

We were on the Sapphire this summer for 14 days. Never had any cigarette butts or garbage on our Dolphin balcony.

We did love the fact that we looked directly down to the water and not onto someone else's balcony. I will definately pick the dolphin deck again.:)

A free glass of sparkling wine and an extra TV. More space within the room

...and Princess calls it champagne :eek:. They should be reminded that unless a sparkling wine, vin mousseaux comes from the region of Epernay (east of Paris), it by law cannot be called "champagne".

Ciao for now!!!

I've sailed on 3 Princess ships and 3 HAL ships and the mini suite seems to be the same size as the standard HAL balcony cabin. The P balcony cabins are musch short by abour 5 feet and neither line has a wider cabin except in real suites. On X and Carnival the standard balcony cabins were larger than Princess and had the sofas. Only on NCL did the cabins seem the same as Princess' standard balcony version. Sailed on Noordam, Volendam and Westerdam and Emerald, Diamond, Sun and booked on Island.

We love the mini-suites. Especially if we are sailing with friends or family. The extra space allows room for people to visit. We had one on Dolphin deck on the Golden but we didn't like the balcony at all. I would rather have a balcony room higher up that is covered.

I suppose it really is personal preference. We will only book a mini-suite now if it is on Emerald deck and covered.

Cruise on!

Demented - :cool:

For me the main thing about the mini was the bathroom, there was two sinks and room for both of us in the tub. Also since the sinks were actually in the bath room, when DW got up early I was unfazed by her morning beauty activities. One other thing I noticed is that our room steward appeared to be WAY more competent than the steward we had when we had an OV Cabin, at least he was more senior

I have a mini-suite, Cabin C218, booked on the Island Princess.

My, hopefully, easy question is:

Is the balcony for this mini covered or not ?

Loooking forward to our first Princess Cruise - especially to the Panama Canal.

When completed - I can say I've done both big canals - Suez in 1958

and Panama in 2010. Very little luxury on the Suez passage, on a Navy Destroyer back then.

:confused::confused:

I did not think the closet in the mini suite was any larger than the standard balcony cabin on Grand Class ships. It's exactly the same -- one of the things I like about these ships is the generous closet space/shelves.

Also, every Princess cabin I've been in has had the sink in the bathroom proper....

I have a mini-suite, Cabin C218, booked on the Island Princess.

My, hopefully, easy question is:

Is the balcony for this mini covered or not ?

Loooking forward to our first Princess Cruise - especially to the Panama Canal.

When completed - I can say I've done both big canals - Suez in 1958

and Panama in 2010. Very little luxury on the Suez passage, on a Navy Destroyer back then.

See the link below:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Funny Story about the balcony and water. We won a contest and were guests on the Ruby Princess Inagural Sailing. I have horrible allergies to fragerances. The room smelled just fine when we got there. We requested the egg crates and down pillows. When we came back from dinner, they had taken care of everything. Now it was late and I stretched out on the bed and I was engulfed in a heavy perfume. The egg crates smelled, the pillows were frageranced and now all the sheets smelled too. So we called to try and get fresh linens and our attendent had already retired (10 PM). So we stripped the bed and put the sheets in the washing machine and the comforter, pillows and egg crates on our balcony. By the way we are in Fort Lauderdale. Middle of the night I hear water. Could it be raining. Went out on the balcony and water was pouring down on our balcony. Everything was soaked.

So morning comes and I have to explain to our attendent what we had done. I told him it would have all been fine, except for the freakish rain storm in the middle of the night. He looked at me like I had lost my mind. Then he started laughing. It wasn't rain....it was the crew who were washing the deck above ours and the water shoots right over the side and all over our deck.

He was a doll and took care of all our soaked bedding.

Lesson learned.

I loved the walk in closet. It gave me more room to get dressed. ;)
The closet in a mini-suite on a Grand-class ship is no different from a standard balcony or oceanview cabin.

For me the main thing about the mini was the bathroom, there was two sinks and room for both of us in the tub.
I have never, ever seen two sinks in any mini-suite on a Princess ship. Full suite, yes, but never in a mini-suite.

Also, every Princess cabin I've been in has had the sink in the bathroom proper....
Yup. All sinks are in the bathroom on every Princess ship.

For the question about what furniture is on the balcony, there are no loungers on any Princess balcony except for full suites. Nor can your steward bring a lounger down from the pool area and put it on the balcony because they aren't fire-retardant. Here's a photo of what you'll have on a mini-suite balcony (either Dolphin or Emerald deck.) There are two half-loungers (high-backed chairs where the back goes all the way down), two chairs and a table.

2083475279_Minibalconychairs.jpg.525b5053b0dc265ecd6da930cf5a3fc4.jpg

I have never, ever seen two sinks in any mini-suite on a Princess ship. Full suite, yes, but never in a mini-suite.

You are correct, I went back a looked at some photos and only one sink, but it was in the bathroom. I gues I just didn't pay attention to as much as I thought.

But the Mini was great, don't think we'll cruise again with out fond memories of he time we splurged on a mini.

Archived