Magic TV Size? Food?

kimstoess

One other comment about the tvs. While the shows are much better than any other cruise line I have been on, the shows repeat frequently.

Question about the steak - when we were on Magic in January, I ordered basically what I would classify as like a 10 oz. filet everynight. Are you saying that is no longer an option?

One other comment about the tvs. While the shows are much better than any other cruise line I have been on, the shows repeat frequently.

Question about the steak - when we were on Magic in January, I ordered basically what I would classify as like a 10 oz. filet everynight. Are you saying that is no longer an option?

There is a beef option on the menu nightly, but the option of plain steak, which previously has been offered as an alternate selection, is no longer available. They changed the menus in May/June.

We were on the Magic in Feb. The TVs were flat panels; I'd have to estimate they are about 24" +/-.

We just got off the Magic a couple of weeks ago. The TV's are now 13 in flat panels, no bigger than before, just flat.

Jelbnl may well be correct on the size of the TVs in most of the staterooms; we were in a Cat 3 suite, which had 2 larger TVs.

The reason I needed to know about the TV size is because my daughter can't go to sleep unless she watches an episode of playhouse disney or gabba. It was a nitemare on the last cruise because she couldn't really see much on the 10 inch tv they had in the room so she was going to bed 2-3 hours later than normal and really grumpy in the mornings because she was tired.

The reason I needed to know about the TV size is because my daughter can't go to sleep unless she watches an episode of playhouse disney or gabba. It was a nitemare on the last cruise because she couldn't really see much on the 10 inch tv they had in the room so she was going to bed 2-3 hours later than normal and really grumpy in the mornings because she was tired.

Time to break that habit, Mom!

Just back form the Magic on Saturday. The TV's are 16X9 aspect ratio and in the 22-23 inch range. 13" screen is a small notebook screen and they far larger than that. We had Cat. 9 and 10 rooms.

Agreed, you need to end that TV habit now.

Are you guys kidding me? What is wrong with my daughter watching 1 episode of playhouse disney? It is a show that helps her learn. She goes to a academy three days a week at home and they said she is the smartest 19 month old they have ever seen. She is almost completly potty trained at this age and has a vocab of over 100 words. I see nothing wrong with watching a little television before she goes to bed. Her pedi said its perfectly normal.

In the world of supermoms, if you do not have a bedtime routine of bath, short story, lights out and a child asleep by 7:30 and sleeping blissfully for 10 hours; then you aren't doing it right.

In the world of real moms, if it works for you it is perfect. So you use a TV show instead of a book - big deal.

But please, do not get into the "my kid is the smartest as an excuse." 1 - it puts alot of pressure on you, 2 - it puts alot of pressure on your child and 3 - it puts alot of people off you.

Are you guys kidding me? What is wrong with my daughter watching 1 episode of playhouse disney?

There's nothing wrong with watching Playhouse Disney. However, if you make watching it part of your daughter's bedtime ritual, you can expect to have more "nitemares" when she can't watch it.

On a side (but related) note, I would like to echo djpolly and elaborate that people bragging about how superior their kids are is one of the biggest conversational turn-offs I have ever encountered among fellow vacationers.

Please, anyone who feels your kids are special - I'm sure they are, but we don't want to hear about it. Even if your child is in the top 1%, guess what? So are 640,000 other kids in this country. And most of them come from affluent families, meaning they will be disproportionately represented on a cruise ship.

Just hold on, privately, to that warm fuzzy feeling of being associated with a kid who you're sure is better than everyone else's. And keep it to yourself. Talking about it is just going to breed resentment in others and make you look like a conceited jack___.

Thank you, this concludes this public service announcement. :p

On a side (but related) note, I would like to echo djpolly and elaborate that people bragging about how superior their kids are is one of the biggest conversational turn-offs I have ever encountered among fellow vacationers.

Please, anyone who feels your kids are special - I'm sure they are, but we don't want to hear about it. Even if your child is in the top 1%, guess what? So are 640,000 other kids in this country. And most of them come from affluent families, meaning they will be disproportionately represented on a cruise ship.

Just hold on, privately, to that warm fuzzy feeling of being associated with a kid who you're sure is better than everyone else's. And keep it to yourself. Talking about it is just going to breed resentment in others and make you look like a conceited jack___.

Thank you, this concludes this public service announcement. :p

With all due respect, Kim was asking what size TV's and clarified why she was asking the question. 3 others questioned her ability to put her child to sleep so she responded by explaining why she doesn't really need anyone's help in here in order to raise her child. Sounds to me by her accolades that the TV show's not rotting her brain. My daughter is 3 and she still likes to be rocked at night before bed. I don't expect that to continue until she is 7 but if it does so be it.

Thank you for saying that Virginia_Native. I was asking a simple question about the TV size and the food on board. I don't know why everyone got so crazy about this. My daughter reads for at least 1 hour every day with me. I love cruising. Just because I am on a cruise doesn't mean I don't want to see a couple shows before going to bed at night. I go on a cruise to relax and watching TV helps me unwind from the day before turning off the lights. I just hate how the Disney Wonder has such small TV's and I was hoping during the refurb the magic updated that. 1 in 3 childern in this country are being abused. I think its interresting you think that I'm a bad parent because my child watches mickey mouse at night. Disney wouldn't be so popular without showing Mickey on TV!

Nothing wrong with watching a few hours of tv a day...especially if it's educational tv.....

Having said that....why don't you invest in a small 8" portable dvd player and bring it along. You can get a good one for around $150 bucks. Almost every show on tv has a compilation dvd you can buy.

Archived