WOW Sale October 6 & 7th

kk99

Hi everyone,

The next WOW sale will take place October 6 and 7th which will include new reservations from December 1, 2009 forward. It will include new bookings on Oasis of the Seas excluding January through March 2010.

50% reduced deposits and up to $200 onboard credit will be offered.

This was just announced on RCCL's virtual travel event by Vicki Freed in a clip.

kk

Hi,

It say that any exisiting booking cancelled between 9-28-2009 and 10-07-2009 and is rebooked on 10-6 or 10-7 2009 is not eligible. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled and reinstated after 10-07 is also not eligible. It is not combinable with Crown and Anchor benefits, shareholder benefits, future or next cruise offers. Offer is valid for cruisetour packages but not combinable with other cruisetours onboard credits. The offer does not apply to chartered or contracted groups. The offer is combinable with lowest available fare, and restricted rates for reduced air, seniors, residents, military, police and fireman. Bookings made for ship and sailings within final payment do not qualify for the 50% reduced deposit and complete payment must be made on 10-6 or 10-7 to qualify for the onboard credit.

So you just have to figure out whether you are better off with your Crown and Anchor discounts, next cruise, etc. or this offer

kk

Thanks for that! :) Sounds like my Diamond discount would still be the best bet!

I am confused about some of these discounts. I received coupons in the mail the other day for upcoming cruises. It turns out that my next cruise was one of the coupons. My question is: why do they send out these coupons to Diamond guests when they KNOW that the diamond discount is more than the coupon?? It confuses me! Do they just send them out to everyone regardless? That has to be it, I see no other reason if we can't combine the C & A discounts, RCCL coupons or Wow sales. :confused:

Hi everyone,

The next WOW sale will take place October 6 and 7th which will include new reservations from December 1, 2009 forward. It will include new bookings on Oasis of the Seas excluding January through March 2010.

50% reduced deposits and up to $200 onboard credit will be offered.

This was just announced on RCCL's virtual travel event by Vicki Freed in a clip.

kk

Where do you look for the WOW sale (what website?) & is it just for Oasis, or are all the ships included? We've never sailed on RCC, & want to try it sometime in 2010. :)

Where do you look for the WOW sale (what website?) & is it just for Oasis, or are all the ships included? We've never sailed on RCC, & want to try it sometime in 2010. :)

All the ships are included. It allows you to book by giving only half of the deposit and will most often include on board credit.

Is that on the RCC website or do you check with your TA?

You can either use your TA or book direct with RCCL...but it is only good for the 2 days mentioned...Oct 6th & 7th...doesn't help me as I've already booked all my cruises for the next year...darn!

My question is: why do they send out these coupons to Diamond guests when they KNOW that the diamond discount is more than the coupon??

Because not all Diamond guests book a balcony and thus use that Diamond discount. So those guests may benefit from the coupons.

I cant wait to see this sale. I've been holding off on booking the 9 day Enchantment in May 2010 sailing from Norfolk. I wonder how much obc would be on a 9 night sailing? I'm also curious if they raise their prices around these sale dates to accomodate for the obc?

I cant wait to see this sale. I've been holding off on booking the 9 day Enchantment in May 2010 sailing from Norfolk. I wonder how much obc would be on a 9 night sailing? I'm also curious if they raise their prices around these sale dates to accomodate for the obc?

When they had this sale back in May, it was $100 onboard credit per stateroom for 6-9 nights with $125 per person deposit and $200 onboard credit for 10+ nights and a $225 per person deposit.

This is the sale link from May.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/specialOffers3.do

....... is it just for Oasis, or are all the ships included? We've never sailed on RCC, & want to try it sometime in 2010. :)

From the mailing I received:

"The Oasis of the Seas sailings between January 1 and March 31 2009 do not qualify for this offer"

Hi everyone,

Here is the actual announcement and restrictions on the WOW sale October 6 and 7th. It does apply to all sailings after December 1, 2009 on new bookings(not cancelled and rebooked) except for the Oasis of the Seas from January-March 2010. Start looking for your next vacation!

[ATTACH]133886[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]133887[/ATTACH]

kk

Thanks for the heads up. This is perfect timing!

I had just sent my TA an email asking her to let me know if RCL had any deposit or OBC specials over the next few months, as I was planning on another cruise in Summer 2010.

Of course, I had planned to actually make the reservation in a couple of months, but with a 50% deposit AND obc, I'll make it next week!

Thanks again!

Does the WOW Sale also include reduced prices for staterooms?

No, but in conjunction with World's Largest Cruise Night, some agencies will have reduced pricing from Oct. 12-16.

We've been on two RCCL cruises. From what I can tell, the OBC (and reduced deposit) is likely to be the best deal we qualify for unless a C&A coupon comes out closer to the date. Would this be correct? We would be booking a balcony and an inside for a total of 6 people.

PHXscuba

We've been on two RCCL cruises. From what I can tell, the OBC (and reduced deposit) is likely to be the best deal we qualify for unless a C&A coupon comes out closer to the date. Would this be correct? We would be booking a balcony and an inside for a total of 6 people.

PHXscuba

Yep. The WOW sale is only good for Gold cruisers, first time cruisers, or those with that are Platinum/Diamond that don't sail in balcony cabins.

It is not combinable with anything, though, not even groups.

Archived