WOW Sale October 6 & 7th

kk99

I enjoy their ships but practically every time there is a price drop it always says * for new bookings only.

I found NCL and others usually will honor the price drop for those who have already done their booking as well.

I got a price drop for my September sailing and a couple of months ago rec'd a $640 price drop for my 2/10 sailing!!! So not always. ;)

Yep. The WOW sale is only good for Gold cruisers, first time cruisers, or those with that are Platinum/Diamond that don't sail in balcony cabins.

It is not combinable with anything, though, not even groups.

Not good Platinum/Diamond that book an inside/oceanview and take a stockholder's benefit if we are planning a 10+ day cruise which I am. Two in fact. We get $250 OBC vs. $200 OBC from WOW. Depends on whether the reduced deposit is worth losing $50.

Tucker in Texas

Even platinum and above cruisers can benefit from the half price deposit. I'll be calling in to book for a cruise for Feb 2011 - I want the best cabin selection and don't want any more money tied up than I have to.

A question though - booking now I am Platinum but by the time I take the 2011 cruise I will be diamond. Can I get a larger credit after making Diamond by calling in and giving up the old credit?

No, but in conjunction with World's Largest Cruise Night, some agencies will have reduced pricing from Oct. 12-16.

This is a concern for me because my ta invited me to the "worlds largest cruise night" but it isnt until Oct. 14 (after the wow sale). So I dont know what will be better. It seems like the cruise I'm interested in May 10, 2010 on the Enchantment out of Norfolk doesnt ever seem to go down. I've been watching all the cruises going out of Norfolk and they never seem to go down.

But I'm not going to be happy if I book during the wow sale and come to find out I would of gotten a better deal during the "worlds largest cruise night"

Does anyone have any idea what is offered at this "worlds largest cruise night"?

btw I am only gold and only interested in a inside cabin.

A question though - booking now I am Platinum but by the time I take the 2011 cruise I will be diamond. Can I get a larger credit after making Diamond by calling in and giving up the old credit?

We booked our cruise coming up in November while on board last December to beat the policy change on combining benefits. At the time, we were Platinum but would be Diamond after we completed that cruise. The LA told us that we could book Platinum balcony discount and have the TA get the additional discount when we reached Diamond.

However, we decided to just book the balcony with no discount and when Diamond went through, we had our TA apply for it to be applied to our upcoming November cruise which was done with no problem. So, I can't say postively that would have happened but it is what the LA told us.

Tucker in Texas

Explorer is calling my name. We've been talking about trying to accomplish this. Problem is my 18 & 21 yr olds. I'd hate to book and have one backout on me. This happened on my carnival cruise. Maybe I'll just book for the hubby, and add them later on.

In regards to the OBC, it could be that your OBC was tied to how much you paid for your cruise total. I know that AmEx does that a LOT. So that may have been a factor in reducing it.

Other than that, I'm pretty sure that OBC stays unless you cancel.

I received several price drops on my cruise in 2009 and I kept my OBC.

I didn't read anything in the restrictions about this, so I am assuming if the prices drops, I can get it the price drop, even though I booked a cruise on the WOW sale Right? So many restrictions, so I am just making sure I understand everything.

I dont understand,I thought RCI did a price guarantee. My understanding was that before final payment they would match new offers and after final payment OBC would be given. I booked my first cruise with RCI just a couple of days ago

Ali

Even platinum and above cruisers can benefit from the half price deposit. I'll be calling in to book for a cruise for Feb 2011 - I want the best cabin selection and don't want any more money tied up than I have to.

If you book during the WOW sale you can't use your Platinum or Diamond Discount...only 1 benefit per booking...

I dont understand,I thought RCI did a price guarantee. My understanding was that before final payment they would match new offers and after final payment OBC would be given. I booked my first cruise with RCI just a couple of days ago

Ali

They will match & honor "normal" price drops, such as Military, Senior or Resident rates...but on Tuesday's they have a special sale...often on ships that are close to sailing date...those special prices they will NOT match..

Hi everyone,

The next WOW sale will take place October 6 and 7th which will include new reservations from December 1, 2009 forward. It will include new bookings on Oasis of the Seas excluding January through March 2010.

50% reduced deposits and up to $200 onboard credit will be offered.

This was just announced on RCCL's virtual travel event by Vicki Freed in a clip.

kk

Thanks!

Explorer is calling my name. We've been talking about trying to accomplish this. Problem is my 18 & 21 yr olds. I'd hate to book and have one backout on me. This happened on my carnival cruise. Maybe I'll just book for the hubby, and add them later on.

DH and I are close to you and the port. If they back out we'll be happy to jump aboard! :D

I am now booked on a cruise for next year. We are thinking of cancelling. Can a TA tell me with the WOW sale, I know it says you cannot cancel and rebook for this sale. But, goes that mean we cannot cancel now and rebook a different cruise?

I am now booked on a cruise for next year. We are thinking of cancelling. Can a TA tell me with the WOW sale, I know it says you cannot cancel and rebook for this sale. But, goes that mean we cannot cancel now and rebook a different cruise?

I'm not a TA...but I'm pretty sure there would not be a problem in booking a different cruise...if you are concerned...why not just book the new cruise during the Wow sale...and then a few weeks later cancel the other cruise?

Guest nhrich
This is a concern for me because my ta invited me to the "worlds largest cruise night" but it isnt until Oct. 14 (after the wow sale). So I dont know what will be better. It seems like the cruise I'm interested in May 10, 2010 on the Enchantment out of Norfolk doesnt ever seem to go down. I've been watching all the cruises going out of Norfolk and they never seem to go down.

But I'm not going to be happy if I book during the wow sale and come to find out I would of gotten a better deal during the "worlds largest cruise night"

Does anyone have any idea what is offered at this "worlds largest cruise night"?

btw I am only gold and only interested in a inside cabin.

There are several options for TA's to offer during the WLCN event - on board credit, reduced deposit, reduced cruise fare, or cruise line paraphenalia, and the TA must choose when they set up their cruise sale. You should check with your TA and see what the deal is going to be.

I enjoy their ships but practically every time there is a price drop it always says * for new bookings only.

I found NCL and others usually will honor the price drop for those who have already done their booking as well.

I booked our next cruise while on board the Jewel in May and found our new booking went down in price after I got home. I just called and they gave me the price drop. I noticed another price drop of 102.00 pp a couple days ago for this same cruise, I called RC and they honored this drop as well. :D

I have not had a problem with them honoring price drops.

Guest nhrich
During the wow sale, do they usually drop any of their special rates - specifically the resident rate? It wouldn't be worth it to me to book during the wow sale if I can't get the resident rate too.

During the WOW sale, there usually aren't any price reductions for the sale - just OBC & reduced deposits. If there's a special rate that you qualify for, then it should apply.

Archived