Viewing your table in the dining room beforehand

cruisingbajan

Keith - The Capers for the day of boarding will indicate (usually near the "dining times" section) when the Maitre D' will be available and exactly where to find him on that day.

We always have to go (DH has severe food allergies) and there is always a posted time. Normally, just prior to seeing him, a waiter/assistant waiter has the chart(s) with table information so they can give you location/number of persons at the table.

The layout of some ships is confusing (especially those with two dining rooms and on the first day before you explore) - just ask a crew member and they can point you in the right direction.

Happy Cruising! :)

We are sailing on the Glory on 10-10-09 and I believe it has 2 dining rooms, does anyone have a preference between the 2? And if you if you like a certain room and table will the maitre'd change you? Thanks!

My only preference now is a table for 2! Preferably overlooking the downstairs if it is a 2 story dining room.

We are sailing on the Glory on 10-10-09 and I believe it has 2 dining rooms, does anyone have a preference between the 2? And if you if you like a certain room and table will the maitre'd change you? Thanks!

It never hurts to ask if you have a preference between dining rooms and/or levels (as applicable) or size of table.

We have to deal with food allergies and mobility issues, and they have always tried their best to accomodate a reasonable request for us (which is why we now have our next 3 cruises in 2010 booked with Carnival!!) :D

I can't remember a time when we were not able to see what table we were assigned. Perhaps the dining room is closed until the waiter staff sets up, but we've always checked it out prior to sailing.

The last couple cruises we've been on CCL no longer had the table numbers out.

I've found the remedy now though. Either do anytime dining or just do the buffet. Either way I'm not going to starve.:D

Bill

Thank you for the info. One other question, do you have to wait for the cruise or can you just call Carnival and make a request?

When you book, the only requests that can be made is for early/late/AYW dining times and requested table size. Nothing is confirmed/guaranteed (unless you are Platinum - and even then, they confirm the time - not table size).

I've never heard of anybody doing that. If they allowed that word would have spread on here and everybody would be calling.

Bill

The only time I have seen them do this is for groups. When I first read this post heading, I thought it was implying there was some online tool that showed (online before you cruise) you a diagram for the dining room with your table highlighted and I thought wow that's cool.

On a Conquest class ship like the Glory I prefer the larger dining room which is at the back of the ship. The midships DR just doesn't seem as lively.

On "Glory" the aft dining room is the better of the two. It's called "Platinum Restaurant". You can ask you travel agent to call Carnival, and request that dining room,,,,and a table near the window, if that's what you prefer. A good agent will do that for you, but of course, it isn't guaranteed. IMO the food aboard "Glory" seems just a bit better than the rest,,but of course, that too is a matter of taste. In any case, you'll enjoy cruising "Glory", and dining in the Platinum Restaurant.

"SKY"

I have tried this on both my cruises but each time I went there was no maitre d and the dining room was closed.:confused:

We've just gone into the dining room to check out our table. One of the first things we've done once onbard. Even if the doors were closed they weren't locked.

Sometime they don't have the numbers on the tables when you first board.......they didn't twice on the Elation.......

I usually also like to check out the table beforehand but on the last few cruises as mentioned there were no table numbers - and even the waiters who were setting the tables seemed clueless. In one case we were able to find a dining room floor map at the maitre'd station/desk which was helpful.

Otherwise I guess you can line up and find out during the 'specified' hours - or just wait til your dining time and request a change if you are unhappy!

Archived