Steam Irons in staterooms

cruz4evr

This will be my first cruise on Carnival.....does anyone know if there is an iron in the room or not. Have any of you packed a travel steam iron just in case? By the time I unpack everything some things are already wrinkled, especially cotton fabrics.

Thanks in advance...

Irons in the cabin are a safety hazard, so please don't bring one.

I have mostly cotton clothes and I put them on hangers and in dry cleaner bags and they are barely wrinkled. If you don't use a dry cleaner, you can probably buy the bags for 5 or 10 cents a piece.

This makes for easy packing/unpacking. Enjoy, but don't take an iron.

I just bought some Downy Wrinkle Free spray and it works great. I am planning on taking it on our upcoming cruise. No irons needed and cruise lines don't allow it from what I understand.

I have also used the "wrinkle spray">> it does work

another idea....hang your clothes up on the door while you shower to steam out the wrinkles

there are ways to pack too that help prevent wrinkles...ie, folding the clothes over, or "rolling " them....garment bags work well too

Thanks for all your replies and I do understand how an iron could be a fire hazard. The reason I asked about the steamer is because some people here on CC have mentioned taking one on their cruise.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I didn't mean a regular iron but a steamer. I imagine they are not allowed either.

Edited by cruz4evr

This will be my first cruise on Carnival.....does anyone know if there is an iron in the room or not. Have any of you packed a travel steam iron just in case? By the time I unpack everything some things are already wrinkled, especially cotton fabrics.

Thanks in advance...

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO cruz4evr: There are no irons in staterooms. It is a fire hazard. There is an iron in the laundry room. Passengers could use that one.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO cruz4evr: There are no irons in staterooms. It is a fire hazard. There is an iron in the laundry room. Passengers could use that one.

As is stated in a later post, I meant a steamer not a STEAM iron. :D

i got it from avon. and i've got a lot packed but more to go! see you next week!!!

I have so much packed already that I don't know if there's room for a steamer, LOL! Although I imagine they are quite small and lightweight.

Happy packing.....see you soon! :D

TakeMeAway - I'm a little late thanking you for the info. The room numbers in the book are tiny but I think I found the room they are referring to. However, it doesn't say laundry. Is that right? In fact, I think our room is almost across from this area. Will it be noisy?

I also found other info that was helpful and have saved this for future reference.

Thanks again.

Cathy

See what I mean Biff - the OP had already been given the info & thanked the folks for posting it.

Why was it necessary for you to "McFly" her?