Bringing own wine aboard ship ?

IVaSong

We would like to bring 6 or 8 bottles of wine aboard the Ms Amsterdam for us to enjoy while on our Panama Canal cruise. Does HAL have any restrictions or policies relating to bringing our own wine, we know that no hard liquor is allowed.

You are welcome to bring aboard as much wine, champagne, soda, and water, as you can carry. You may bring it aboard at embarkation, or may restock your supply at the ports.

Wine and champagne brought to the dining room, or a lounge, incurs an $18 corkage fee.

If you carry it aboard it must fit through the airport type x-ray machine. If you let the dock porters take it with other checked luggage it must be tagged with a luggage tag showing your stateroom info and make sure it is packaged for nuclear war.

See you on board!

I have a cardboard carrier that holds 6 bottles of wine and would like to just carry it aboard myself, would this be allowed.

Yes, as long as it fits through the security x-ray machine.

We'll be in Italy for a few days before our next cruise and I'm thinking that would be a great time to purchase and bring some wine on the ship. I know from previous experience that it can be done as our table mates a couple of years ago out of Ft Lauderdale brought on a fairly extensive selection. They were very gracious to share with us, only the two couples at the table, and we bought wine packages on the ship that we shared in return. Might add that they didn't charge the couple corkage for every bottle but that was out of the graciousness of the sommelier and partially due to our buying a couple of packages during the cruise. We consumed a bit of wine on that cruise! :)

Luv you people who have all the answers ... wine is allowed, hard liquor is not ... how about beer? I'm not talking a case of 26 , but may be 2 or 3 beers for consumption in the room? My husband likes to try different kinds of beer from all the different ports we go to. ALSO, do you know if HAL still offers Clamato Juice for all the Canadians who like their Ceasars? ... Thanks :confused:

You are welcome to bring aboard as much wine, champagne, soda, and water, as you can carry. You may bring it aboard at embarkation, or may restock your supply at the ports.

Wine and champagne brought to the dining room, or a lounge, incurs an $18 corkage fee.

Luv you people who have all the answers ... wine is allowed, hard liquor is not ... how about beer?

Beer is not allowed to be brought on board. That is not to say that someone attempting to bring beer aboard might not be able to do so, but that is an aberration.

As to Clamato, I'll leave that to the Canadians, eh?

As for beer ... when we were in Norway I totally forgot about the prohibition and brought back an 8 pack of Ringnes. It was in a plastic shopping bag. No one said a word. I think you just need to be prepared for having an individual who goes by the book. If that happens, your beer goes one way while you go another. But you get it back when you debark -maybe:)

Archived