Your best tips for the Jewel

familyplanner

LOL...clued into that about half thru the cruise. Would have been good to know earlier!!

I thought they always swam toward the front. That's what screwed me up on the Gem b/c they swim in both directions -- no help there

I thought they always swam toward the front. That's what screwed me up on the Gem b/c they swim in both directions -- no help there

Yeah, I thought it was that way on almost all ships - not just NCL's.

That is why I told Laura Familyplanner to clean up, we are on the same cruise as you., so I can't clean up for you.

Come to the roll call and sign up for the meet and greet.

Al

Sorry, I thought her thread said she was on the 15th.

Been to roll call but haven't been over there lately.

One thing we loved about the Jewel was that they had chairs and some lounges on the Promonade Deck. I'm not sure if other NCL ships have this also, but we have sailed NCL 4 other times and a total of 8 cruise all together, and this was the first time we saw chairs on that deck. We like to sit out of the sun, and away from the pools and all the excitement. The Promonade Deck is usually quiet, and we loved the idea to jsut sit there and relax.

One thing we loved about the Jewel was that they had chairs and some lounges on the Promonade Deck. I'm not sure if other NCL ships have this also, but we have sailed NCL 4 other times and a total of 8 cruise all together, and this was the first time we saw chairs on that deck. We like to sit out of the sun, and away from the pools and all the excitement. The Promonade Deck is usually quiet, and we loved the idea to jsut sit there and relax.

Sounds like a great place for a good book! I usually don't read let alone relax on my cruises - but this time we want to slow it down a bit, so I am bringing a book or two!

The Jewel has a pretty decent library also, but you won't be alone, sitting and reading. Many people like this option, I'm surprised more cruise lines or ships don't try and accomodate these people with chairs and lounges on the Promonade Deck.

I am on the Jewel Oct 10th. I heard a rumor that they transport cars in the cargo hold. A good place to hide out and have some privacy.I have to check it out.:D

Where did you hear such a rumor? Outside of car carrying ferryboats, I don't believe any cruise ship or ocean liner has transported cars since the QE2 ceased doing so, many years before its retirement--probably right after 9-11. I don't count special cases like the Morgan on display in the Royal Promenade of the Voyager of the Seas, or the Maybach transported on the bow of the QM2 on its maiden Transatlantic voyage.

Archived