Never been to Martinique - what's best thing to do?

messyjessy911

We're cruising to Martinique for New Years and are trying to decide what to do. We've never been there before and are looking for something exciting and fun to do that will also allow us to see some of the island... also maybe a little shopping on the French side! Any suggestions??

Martinique is a French island. Are you possibly thinking of St. Maarten and St. Martin? The St. Maarten side is Dutch and the St. Martin side is French. We did an island tour that also included a ride on a boat. The boat was the type that you were able to climb down into the bottom of the boat and see underwater. I'd not do that again. We didn't see much and it was windy, so the boat was rocking like crazy!

Here's my Webshots page with pictures from our day on St. Maarten/St. Martin. You dock on the Dutch side (St. Maarten). There's a nice beach area close to the ship area. There's also a lot of shops in that area.

I think the next time we visit the island we are going to do one of the shopping tours that takes us to St. Martin. We really didn't spend much time on the French side, other than doing the boat ride. Next time a little shopping and lunch on the French side and then back to the Dutch side for more shopping. Hubby is going to love this! lol :)

Whoops ... I forgot to add the link to my Webshots page.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570045419xRAuUE

Edited by twinkletoes4445

• 2 years later...
martinique is a french island. Are you possibly thinking of st. Maarten and st. Martin? The st. Maarten side is dutch and the st. Martin side is french. We did an island tour that also included a ride on a boat. The boat was the type that you were able to climb down into the bottom of the boat and see underwater. I'd not do that again. We didn't see much and it was windy, so the boat was rocking like crazy!

Here's my webshots page with pictures from our day on st. Maarten/st. Martin. You dock on the dutch side (st. Maarten). There's a nice beach area close to the ship area. There's also a lot of shops in that area.

I think the next time we visit the island we are going to do one of the shopping tours that takes us to st. Martin. We really didn't spend much time on the french side, other than doing the boat ride. Next time a little shopping and lunch on the french side and then back to the dutch side for more shopping. Hubby is going to love this! Lol :)

whoops ... I forgot to add the link to my webshots page.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570045419xrauue

call david clovis 586-88-66 he is a great reasonable driver who knows the island very well

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...