Combinable Discounts?

emen822

I booked my cruise while onboard the Mariner this year which gave me $100 OBC for each room. I know that you can't combine certain discounts anymore. I even looked over the chart that was compiled but I'm still confused.. :confused:

The issue being FCC (Future Cruise Credit) or FC (Future Cruise). One you can combine with C&A coupons, one you can't. Now my stupid question is: booking onboard is considered FCC or FC?

There is a coupon available for my sailing and I'm just wondering if we are entitled to that discount even though we booked onboard.

Hope this makes sense! :o

Thanks in advance.

Mary

I booked my cruise while onboard the Mariner this year which gave me $100 OBC for each room. I know that you can't combine certain discounts anymore. I even looked over the chart that was compiled but I'm still confused.. :confused:

The issue being FCC (Future Cruise Credit) or FC (Future Cruise). One you can combine with C&A coupons, one you can't. Now my stupid question is: booking onboard is considered FCC or FC?

There is a coupon available for my sailing and I'm just wondering if we are entitled to that discount even though we booked onboard.

Thanks in advance.

Mary

You can't combine with either

Thanks in advance.

Mary

Hi Mary.............you will get your OBC from booking on board and that is all you will be eligible for. You can not use the C&A savings Certificates for your cruise.

That chart was done prior to the 1/1/09 changes. Just remember that when booking a cruise while on board you can only have one benefit.

You can however apply any residency/senior/military discount if one becomes available for your cruise and if you have an RCI Visa card and want to redeem points for OBC or you get an OBC from a TA those can be applied also.

Allow me to piggyback? so' date=' we got the military discount. Can we use our stockholder credit to get OBC? Thanks, again, excuse my pirating & see, not a stupid question?![/quote']

Yes you can, as long as that is the only OBC you are applying for.

Wow. Thanks for all the quick replies. Can someone tell me what booking onboard is actually called? :D

According to the chart, which was the only one I could find, you could combine with FCC but not FC. {Confusing! :eek::rolleyes:}

I think I may take Sue's advice and just send it in and see if they accept it. ;) Right now, I have $200 OBC and the discount would be $225 on the two rooms. That sounds nice now but $200 OBC in April will sound good too. :D

Wow. Thanks for all the quick replies. Can someone tell me what booking onboard is actually called? :D

According to the chart, which was the only one I could find, you could combine with FCC but not FC. {Confusing! :eek::rolleyes:}

I think I may take Sue's advice and just send it in and see if they accept it. ;) Right now, I have $200 OBC and the discount would be $225 on the two rooms. That sounds nice now but $200 OBC in April will sound good too. :D

When you are cruising on a ship, it is called "on board booking" or "booking on board" or "booking a cruise while on a cruise".:p

They stopped allowing the combining of C&A Savings Certificates back in July of 2008. But as Sue said, sometimes you get lucky and they will apply them.

When you are cruising on a ship, it is called "on board booking" or "booking on board" or "booking a cruise while on a cruise".:p

lol. Thanks. ;)

They stopped allowing the combining of C&A Savings Certificates back in July of 2008. But as Sue said, sometimes you get lucky and they will apply them.

It's not often that I get all these discounts/coupons, etc. :D on the same sailing. I'll send it in and see what they say. Can't hurt! ;)

Thanks for your help (and love the avatar picture!;))

Yes you can, as long as that is the only OBC you are applying for.

Great, thanks, I only got the military discount up front for the Nov cruise.

Now, we are going again in Jan and they offered a $200 discount for our balcony bec of platinum status. I presume there's no OBC for shareholders in that case. I sent in the proof anyway. They can only say no to the Jan cruise. Cheers!

A discount is for the platinum level. OBC given can also go with a discount. Send in the paperwork for stock holder and you will get 100$ obc and more if it is longer than a 10 night cruise. We got all credits and discounts for our upcoming cruise. Because it is 10 nights the obc doubles to 200 for the stock, 200 for booking with a future cruise certificate bought before 1/09, we also got the plat discount for balcony and the crown and anchor discount of 150$ for that sailing.... IT was a great savings...

Guest nhrich
You can't combine with either

Not correct. NextCruise (when you book onboard) is combinable with Future Cruise Credit. I just did it last week for someone and it was approved. It's probably because the FCC is dollars off, not OBC.

Archived