Booking question

kayjo

What is the best way to book more than one room? I need to book 2 doubles and a single, but online I can only book one room at a time. I want to make sure we all get the same dinner seating and table and would like the rooms close to each other.

You said two doubles and a single. All cabins are for two people and I don't know of a cruise line that has a single cabin - they are for two and you pay for two (or a high %) even if only one person is in the cabin. Three or four people can be in one cabin though with pull down beds and/ or a sleeper sofa.

You can always go to the Maitre'd when you get on board and make sure you're together, If you're not he will put you together.

On line you can book one cabin then go back on line and book the one next door or book by calling the cruise line directly and tell them what you want and they will do it.

You said two doubles and a single. All cabins are for two people and I don't know of a cruise line that has a single cabin - they are for two and you pay for two (or a high %) even if only one person is in the cabin. Three or four people can be in one cabin though with pull down beds and/ or a sleeper sofa.

Carnival has 1A cabins usually saved for solo cruisers that are oddly shaped or have bunk beds instead of the standard two beds that convert into a queen.

I am trying to book a 1A on the internet, but it shows up as not available, though when I check on Carnival's website, it is there. The reason I really want to book online is to save 9% through a rebate my credit card rewards program has.

Most online TA's buy blocks of cabins to resell. I'd venture to guess that online TA's aren't interested in selling a 1A cabin because of the ROI (return on investment). If your looking for a solo cabin you will most likely have better luck going directly through Carnival.

We booked a A1 cabin a week after we got off the Glory (Carnival) 9/5, again on the Glory for 9/19, when we saw the unbelievable price of $249 for 7 days. But, we ended up on deck 9, the Lido deck, where we had been two weeks before. Carnival usually wants to have the A1 cabins available to sell so move people up to keep the A1s available. So Carnival not having any surprises me. Just keep checking!

Archived