Charter to baths other than Patouche??

Gaynors

We had planned on taking the half day baths trip with Patouche but they already had another commitment for the day we''ll be in Tortola. Does anyone have any experience with another charter group? We are kind of disappointed since we had heard such good things about Patouche :(.

If we can't find another charter with good recommendations we'll just have to take the ferry :).

We had planned on taking the half day baths trip with Patouche but they already had another commitment for the day we''ll be in Tortola. Does anyone have any experience with another charter group? We are kind of disappointed since we had heard such good things about Patouche :(.

If we can't find another charter with good recommendations we'll just have to take the ferry :).

We have used Caribbean Images Tours twice now. They are awesome. You can snorkel, tour the Baths and snorkel again with lunch. The website is snorklebvi.com. You will not be disappointed. We had a blast. They are a husband and wife team. The first time was with a group and the second was just our family of six. They are flexible to your needs and the price is right.

We have used Caribbean Images Tours twice now. They are awesome. You can snorkel, tour the Baths and snorkel again with lunch. The website is snorklebvi.com. You will not be disappointed. We had a blast. They are a husband and wife team. The first time was with a group and the second was just our family of six. They are flexible to your needs and the price is right.

Hi - Do you have any contact names? Is the website Caribbean Imange Tours dot com (without the spaces), or something else? We are looking to possibly do a day charter from St Thomas in December. Thanks.

Hi - Do you have any contact names? Is the website Caribbean Imange Tours dot com (without the spaces), or something else? We are looking to possibly do a day charter from St Thomas in December. Thanks.

The correct web address in snorkelbvi.com

There is contact info on the website.

They were really great.

The correct web address in snorkelbvi.com

There is contact info on the website.

They were really great.

I went to that web address and could not find anything on Caribbean Images tours. I couldn't find any links for the Baths. What am I missing?

I sent an email to White Squall II and have not heard back, they have very good reviews. Don't want to deal with a company that does not respond to their emails, so we are trying to find another tour to the Baths.

I went to that web address and could not find anything on Caribbean Images tours. I couldn't find any links for the Baths. What am I missing?

I sent an email to White Squall II and have not heard back, they have very good reviews. Don't want to deal with a company that does not respond to their emails, so we are trying to find another tour to the Baths.

I didn't find anything on the baths and Caribbean Image tours on that website as well. Has anyone else found some other alternatives???

I didn't find anything on the baths and Caribbean Image tours on that website as well. Has anyone else found some other alternatives???

When you go to snorkelbvi.com and Caribbean Images Tours come up click on the tour to Virgin Gorda. That is the excursion to the Baths.

You will have a great time.

Thank you also! I have to apologize for my mistyping snorkel and therefore not finding the correct website.

Did they pick you up at the ship? What kind of boat took you over to the Baths? Do they provide any drinks or snacks?

The price seems real reasonable.

Thank you also! I have to apologize for my mistyping snorkel and therefore not finding the correct website.

Did they pick you up at the ship? What kind of boat took you over to the Baths? Do they provide any drinks or snacks?

The price seems real reasonable.

When your get off the ship in Roadtown you just walk down the dock and they will have a sign in a parking lot. They use a small dock behind a building there. The boat holds about 15 total people. It is only a 5 minute walk. They will tell you exactly where they will be. The first time we went they did a full lunch on an almost deserted island. It was heaven. The second time we just had snacks and drinks because we were not in Tortola as long that day. You tell them what you require and they will do their best to do it. The tour thru the Baths are awesome and then they will take you to a great snorkeling site. They have all the equipment you need, even for non swimmers.

When your get off the ship in Roadtown you just walk down the dock and they will have a sign in a parking lot. They use a small dock behind a building there. The boat holds about 15 total people. It is only a 5 minute walk. They will tell you exactly where they will be. The first time we went they did a full lunch on an almost deserted island. It was heaven. The second time we just had snacks and drinks because we were not in Tortola as long that day. You tell them what you require and they will do their best to do it. The tour thru the Baths are awesome and then they will take you to a great snorkeling site. They have all the equipment you need, even for non swimmers.

Thanks! That answers all my questions!! for now ;) I hope you don't mind if I keep asking..:) DH isn't much into snorkeling :( but I love it :D

What kind of boat do they take you in? I went to their site and could not tell.

What kind of boat do they take you in? I went to their site and could not tell.

I'm afraid I am not very good at knowing one boat from another. I know we had about 15 people the first time and there was plenty of room. We anchored out near the shore at the baths and swam in to the beach. They will get you to the beach even if you don't swim, don't worry. Then you go thru the Baths from the bottom up, it will make sense when you get there. Then you will come down the other side and snorkel around the rocks back to the boat. Very cool experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the price on the Ferry from Roadtown to Virgin Gorda? How close to the port is it? How about the distance from the ferry port to the Baths? Trying to work it out for our Dec 3rd trip. Thanks for any help.

Doglady-

Did you have to pay ahead? I see they have a 3 person minimum- Did you have to go as a group, or were you able to join one?

Thanks!

I am fairly sure we had to send a deposit but I don't remember how much and then we paid the balance at the end of the tour.

The first time we joined a group and the second time our family of 6 was the group.

They are very accomodating to your needs, just e-mail them and tell them what you need.

I found our first group on the roll call boards so that is an option also.

Did you find a company that would do a chater from St Thomas?

We had a fabulous experience with Simplicity Charters!!!!!

They only hold six, but we had 4 and since they didn't get 2 more people that day, we had the boat to ourselves and enjoyed every minute. There website is simplicitycharters dot com.

My Daughter and her friend loved it and they had a dog that was onboard and a marine biologist. We learned a lot!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would recommend, as an alternative for getting to/from The Baths, that you connect with Egbert (DBA H&H Freelance Captain Services 284-443-5288) who was stationed just outside the security gate . We took his boat on a recent cruise and it was excellent. The main advantage is that he deposits you right on the beach at Devil's Beach. He collects up to 8 people and has a fairly fast boat. He likes to leave just before 9AM ahead of the ferry. You will arrive with at least a half hour of quiet time before the crowd from the ferry arrives after a taxi ride and a walk down the hill. He will be back to pick you up at the same place at a time agreed upon by the group (usually somewhere between 12 and 1 PM). He even had rum and beer for the trip back. Very convenient. He charged $35, roughly the same as the ferry.

I would recommend, as an alternative for getting to/from The Baths, that you connect with Egbert (DBA H&H Freelance Captain Services 284-443-5288) who was stationed just outside the security gate . We took his boat on a recent cruise and it was excellent. The main advantage is that he deposits you right on the beach at Devil's Beach. He collects up to 8 people and has a fairly fast boat. He likes to leave just before 9AM ahead of the ferry. You will arrive with at least a half hour of quiet time before the crowd from the ferry arrives after a taxi ride and a walk down the hill. He will be back to pick you up at the same place at a time agreed upon by the group (usually somewhere between 12 and 1 PM). He even had rum and beer for the trip back. Very convenient. He charged $35, roughly the same as the ferry.

Thank you!

Did you have to have 8 people in your party or did he wait until he found 8 people? There are only 4 of us (2 adults + 2 kids).

Sounds good though.

Thank you!

Did you have to have 8 people in your party or did he wait until he found 8 people? There are only 4 of us (2 adults + 2 kids).

Sounds good though.

We were the 3rd and 4th people and we waited until he found 4 more. I think he would leave before 9 even with 6 but I don't know. He has been written up on this forum and has a good reputation.

Archived