Captains Club - What's next in the 2009 facelift?

schuddle

This year, Celebrity took a huge step forward to enhance their Captains Club program. We tried out the new benefits in July with a sailing on Infinity, and were duly impressed. We received some of the best service on this ship that we have ever experienced at sea, and the new perks were great.

When these new benefits were rolled out earlier this year, Celebrity made the point of saying that "this is only just the beginning", promising us even more great enhancements to the program by the end of the year. This is clearly spelled out in the 4th paragraph of the press release:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/whatsnew/details.do;jsessionid=0000zhfJ_diSZp36k3UKZXOhkYP:12hdebcnj?pagename=whats_new_details&event_date=2009-07-08&event_type=captains_club&sequence_code=A

So my question to all of you "in the know" types is: What's the buzz? Has anyone heard any rumors about what new benefits are coming?

I can tell you that when we were hanging out in the Michaels Club on Infinity in July, we were already hearing some rumors about the introduction of a new level above Elite. The name of the new level has slipped my mind, but there were several people talking about it.

Has anyone else heard any gossip about upcoming announcements?

Sometime before year end they should have introduced 'Beer Packages' that will be much like soda packages of today; unlimited beer for a set price per day. I'm not sure what the price will be though.

$40 per day would seem a good deal to me, if it included cocktails,

I think the 15% tip for the waiter should be added to each drink tho

The only problem I see is if you are with a fellow cruiser who has not

signed up, would you haverto pay for his/her drink if you ordered a drink for them??

It will be greta if its introduced but I can see many pitfalls.

This year, Celebrity took a huge step forward to enhance their Captains Club program. We tried out the new benefits in July with a sailing on Infinity, and were duly impressed. We received some of the best service on this ship that we have ever experienced at sea, and the new perks were great.

When these new benefits were rolled out earlier this year, Celebrity made the point of saying that "this is only just the beginning", promising us even more great enhancements to the program by the end of the year. This is clearly spelled out in the 4th paragraph of the press release:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/whatsnew/details.do;jsessionid=0000zhfJ_diSZp36k3UKZXOhkYP:12hdebcnj?pagename=whats_new_details&event_date=2009-07-08&event_type=captains_club&sequence_code=A

So my question to all of you "in the know" types is: What's the buzz? Has anyone heard any rumors about what new benefits are coming?

I can tell you that when we were hanging out in the Michaels Club on Infinity in July, we were already hearing some rumors about the introduction of a new level above Elite. The name of the new level has slipped my mind, but there were several people talking about it.

Has anyone else heard any gossip about upcoming announcements?

Nope...I asked last month while on Mercury too. Nobody

had answers. So, no, no new press releases have been extended.

We are now almost 1/2 way through October. The X website

does say more in 2009 but I would not hold my breath.

Archived