Puerto Vallarta questions

doodlesinkentucky

Here's the bus we took from the port to downtown.

th_P3040007.jpg

(click)

We caught it 'port side' as you say, opposite WalMart/Sam's Club.

The official/formal sign in the lower left of the window says 'CENTRO'. Written above that are a list of destinations, including 'Wal-mart'. Those would be the return trip.

gary

:D A big THANKS to gtaylor. A picture is worth a thousand words. Now let's hope no one gets lost :eek:

I was clarifying the wrong info because I don't want all these people to be waiting for a Wal Mart (HAULS)?? bus. The bus would say Centro from the port to town and might have Wal mart or Sam's written in the window. Can't seem to get that across to Ashland.

You got your point across mexico8 loud and clear :eek: So sorry :( I seem to have upset you. I will defer all P.V terminal de autobuses questions to you in the future. Gracias and Adios

Here is a link to one of the bus routes/map:

This one is the route that goes from the southside (Zona Romantica/Old Town) to the Marina and all stops in between.

sistecozome.jalisco.gob.mx/rutas/ruta13.html

Any bus marked CENTRO will pretty much take this route from WalMart to the South and back around- but the ones marked Centro/Marina will also go INTO the Marina (This is different than the Maritime Terminal where the cruise ships dock)

As well, these buses will all say Hoteles and WalMart somewhere on the windshield.

If you are not familiar with Vallarta, do not take a bus marked TUNEL- even though it goes to the Southside/Zona Romantica, it detours downtown and goes on the Libramiento and through the tunnels...so you will probably think you are going out to "who-knows-where" and if you take a TUNEL bus and you go the wrong direction (north) you could be in for a looooooong bus ride to "who knows where".

Sorry ASH, but there is no HAULs bus or a bus that makes limited stops. They all stop when they want, where they want and how they want. No such thing as an EXpress bus, or even transfers.

Since the buses are 99% used by locals, they will be full during peak school & work times, lunch time from 1:00- 4:00 PM and again after school and work.

You may have been on a slow time with less riders and thought you caught a special bus.

Old Town and Down town are right next to each other. (I advise you not to use the bus marked Tunel because it goes different places and I don't want you to get lost.) I use the buses all the time but even I have little problems sometimes. Besides the Centro bus is much more scenic.

If you take the "Centro" bus you can get off on Vallarta Street after the bus goes over the bridge. That will be in Old Town (Romantic zone). There are stores and cafes etc. to look at in that area and to walk to the Flea Market is not too far. If you walk beside the ocean (there is a nice paved pathway) you walk for about 10 to 15 minutes and after you go over a pedestrian bridge you will turn right and the large flea market is up a couple of blocks. Ask anyone where it is.

(On your way to Old Town you will see the Malecon area but stay on the bus until it goes over the bridge on Vallarta and then you can walk back towards the malecon and the flea market.) There are lots of shops in the romantic zone and places for cold drinks and snacks etc.

On the Malecon (beside a restaurant called Vitea) there is also a large flea market (not as big as the other Flea market on Libertad). It's about 2 blocks from one flea market to the other so not too far to walk.

You can get a bus to go back to the ship (the one marked Centro, Wal mart/Sam's club). It costs about fifty cents and they take US money. (If you take a taxi it would be about 80 pesos or $7.00)

Any other questions, just ask.

Hello Mexico8..I do have a question..We have heard great things about The Beach House Resturant. Located at Amapas#182-Playa los Muertos.

I was advised I could find it by taking the "Centro" and "Tunel" bus.

First off, is this correct? Secondly, do you think it would be hard for us to find it if we take this bus. I certainly do not want to get lost!!!

I was told to get off at the corner of Vallarta & Basileo Badilo St. Please let me know what you think....:confused:

Thanks to all who posted. I started this one!

Hello Mexico8..I do have a question..We have heard great things about The Beach House Resturant. Located at Amapas#182-Playa los Muertos.

First off, is this correct? Secondly, do you think it would be hard for us to find it if we take this bus. I certainly do not want to get lost!!!

I was told to get off at the corner of Vallarta & Basileo Badilo St. Please let me know what you think....:confused:

Not sure I would chance taking the Tunel bus. Take the bus marked Centro. Ask to get off at Vallarta and Basilio Badilo. Turn right and walk a few blocks to the ocean then turn left and walk for about 15 minutes. You will get to the Beach House. Not sure if I have been there but others on the CC threads seem to really enjoy it so give it a try. There are lots of restaurants and bars along the beach so if you see one you like you can always stop there.

The "Centro" and "Centro and Tunel" buses will both get you to the Romantic

Zone.The Tunel is just a bit faster because it doesn't make all those stops

in the downtown area.It's an "express" bus,per se.I was unsure,as you are,

but it worked out perfectly.I based my decision to take the "tunel" bus on

this page on this excellent website.

http://vallarta-info.com/puerto-vallarta-transport.html

You could e-mail the gentleman who runs this website and he could probably answer your specific questions about PV buses.

http://vallarta-info.com/index.html (bottom link on left side of page).

Mexico8 is correct,if you get off at that corner,head west to the ocean,turn left,once you get to the pier,the Beach House is about 500 ft.

or so further south.

The "Centro" and "Centro and Tunel" buses will both get you to the Romantic

Zone.The Tunel is just a bit faster because it doesn't make all those stops

in the downtown area.It's an "express" bus,per se.I was unsure,as you are,

but it worked out perfectly.I based my decision to take the "tunel" bus on

this page on this excellent website.

http://vallarta-info.com/puerto-vallarta-transport.html

You could e-mail the gentleman who runs this website and he could probably answer your specific questions about PV buses.

http://vallarta-info.com/index.html (bottom link on left side of page).

Mexico8 is correct,if you get off at that corner,head west to the ocean,turn left,once you get to the pier,the Beach House is about 500 ft.

or so further south.

Thanks to you both for the info! I will see what dh says. Either way, I hope we find it but if not...there is always another resturant! Adios to you both!!!;)

I was looking at booking massages at Krystal.

I was given times in "PV Time."

How will I know how this PV time differs from my ship's time???? I'm on Mariner out of LA if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Ann

Your daily info sheet will tell you what time zone the port and the ship are in and if there are any differences.

Peg

Archived