Anyone close to retirement? / when do you start counting the days?

Look2Sea

I retired 3 years ago after teaching for 39 years. My retirement trip wasn't a cruise but a trip to Napa and San Francisco with my DD. It felt so strange to be leaving when the school year was just beginning! All of my colleagues thought I would be climbing the walls but I'm so relaxed and finding new interests. I did miss the kids, but now have the joy of being a grandmother. For those of you on your countdown, it is really wonderful! Enjoy!!:)

Another satsified customer - thanks for sharing!!

Happy Hump Day for all that still have them and are counting down!!!:D

Drats, you beat me to it zla.

Only 32 more hump days here, keep ticking 'em off (the days, not the bosses, although I seem to be doing both these days:cool::D)

a9ase6u5.jpg

Happy Hump Day to all!!! What is your countdown number???? (Question for pre-retirees only....if you are a post-retiree...give us a hoot and holler to help us make it through to the end!!!:):)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

a9ase6u5.jpg

Happy Hump Day to all!!! What is your countdown number???? (Question for pre-retirees only....if you are a post-retiree...give us a hoot and holler to help us make it through to the end!!!:):)

Ok. It's a weird question right now. Tomorrow is my last Wednesday IN THE OFFICE. I'm i have seven work days left. Next week I only work Monday and Friday. And the final week, I am taking the student group I sponsor to their national conference and will be gone all week. So after tomorrow, it's either 2 or 0. Regardless, it's very close!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a9ase6u5.jpg

Did I miss a day???:confused: I thought today was only Tuesday, it sure felt like a Tuesday:p

I like your enthusiasm, keep it up!!:D

Well, now it is Wednesday! School board recognition tonight, breakfast tomorrow, dinner next Monday -- then all the events will be over. Lots to do between now and next Friday.:)

Lady Hudson, is your last day Friday the 20th? That's mine on campus, too.

a9ase6u5.jpg

Well, now it is Wednesday! School board recognition tonight, breakfast tomorrow, dinner next Monday -- then all the events will be over. Lots to do between now and next Friday.:)

Yes, indeed it is Hump Day.

Congrats LH, enjoy these last few days.

Only 31 more Humps here, about 32 for zla??? Tick, tock, tick, tock......

Hi all!!! I actually did put it up Tuesday because Pryia2 is in the UK and I didn't want to be late....they didn't know what a hump day was so want to keep them updated, but that could have been their last hump day...not sure.

Tahoemc...I'm a teacher so I am off now but I still celebrate hump days with my fellow teachers with margaritas half price at our favorite Mexican restaurant, but have temporarily stopped counting them until I start school again.:)

Internetwhiz..way happy for you!!!

Before you leave us I need a bit of help..on tapatalk it is not letting me quote anyone. Can you tell me where it is or give me any ideas. I am so not an internet whiz...lol

Hi all!!! I actually did put it up Tuesday because Pryia2 is in the UK and I didn't want to be late....they didn't know what a hump day was so want to keep them updated, but that could have been their last hump day...not sure.

Oh, now I see the method to your madness LOL. By time us left coasters are getting to it, its happy hour across the pond!

Tahoemc...I'm a teacher so I am off now but I still celebrate hump days with my fellow teachers with margaritas half price at our favorite Mexican restaurant, but have temporarily stopped counting them until I start school again.:)

Alas, my hump days count every week since I work a regular weekly schedule. Since I understand you are retiring about the same time I am, but have the next few hump days off, that means you have fewer to work?? Cool. Enjoy those 'ritas!!

Last week coming up! Kids leave at 10:46 on Thursday. I work on Friday to clean up. It is interesting either throwing things out or giving stuff to other teachers. I can't believe it is almost over after 34 years! PS - First cruise on July 1:)

I had to do the throwing out over a period of days. Emotional. Some were like wow I can't believe I'm pitching this. Others were like committee minutes and it was wow, I'll never have to do this again. Also. The Moodle I administer has an upgrade coming July 8 and I sent it to my successor and said Woops, this is for you!