Additional tips

funcky

My group always give cash last day in additional to the automatic tips. While i think our server deserve every extra pennies, would one consider cheap if they just stick with recommend automatic tip?

Here is what we give extra for a cabin of 4 in additional of recommended tipping via RCCL:

Room Steward: $20

Waiter: $20

Assistance waiter: $15

Head waiter: $10

Maitre D: $5.

We collect cash from everyone at table and give together as one big envelope to our new friends.

Please give us some opinion or if you do, how much do you usually tips in addition to cruise recommendation.

My group always give cash last day in additional to the automatic tips. While i think our server deserve every extra pennies, would one consider cheap if they just stick with recommend automatic tip?

Here is what we give extra for a cabin of 4 in additional of recommended tipping via RCCL:

Room Steward: $20

Waiter: $20

Assistance waiter: $15

Head waiter: $10

Maitre D: $5.

We collect cash from everyone at table and give together as one big envelope to our new friends.

Please give us some opinion or if you do, how much do you usually tips in addition to cruise recommendation.

I don't understand the point of the "group" envelope. Why not just add to your own envelopes and let everyone else add, or not, as they see fit?

I don't think it would be considered cheap to just use the recommended amounts. (I would assume they are recommended for a reason).

We always prepay our gratuities with the form the provide on the ship. We give an extra $1 to 2 per day (given at the end in the same envelope) if we have exceptional service. We have tipped bartenders in the dance club at the end $5-10 if they served us regularly during the week.

The suggested amount is ample...if someone goes 'above and beyond' our expectations, we give extra, too, tho. Usually between $10-20 to those we feel really went out of their way for us...it's not an "across the board" thing.

Your bar tab has 15% added to it---unless they really do something special, I think 15% is ample for opening a beer or mixing an easy drink. There's usually 1 bar we end up frequenting before dinner, so if that bartender anticipates our wants....he/she gets an additional tip on the last evening...we do not add tips to the bartab as we go, tho.

Guest maddycat

As others have said, I think that the suggested tip amounts are fine. We do give an extra $10 or $20 if the service has been exceptional.

I usually give a bit extra - similar to the amounts you had in your first post. All depends on the quality of the service. On average I have probably tipped my room steward and waiter an extra $20 each and assistant waiter $10 to $15. I haven't tipped a head waiter or maitre'd extra. I have given an extra couple of bucks to various bar tenders but nothing large. I have tipped an extra $5 to $10 per person at the specialty restaurants.

Archived