Powdered Eggs For Breakfast?

nycruise

Yeah, breakfast on a cruise ship is not too good. But so soon after a big meal (we eat dinner rather late) all we usually want is fruit, maybe a pastry or yogurt.

Eating a heavy breakfast - bacon and eggs, etc., I don't see how people can do that and still have a full lunch and dinner. Especially for 7 days in a row.

I would just advise avoiding the bacon and eggs, and stick with stuff you can't go wrong with, like fruit.

I can definately say the eggs on the Holiday are fresh.

They keep chickens onboard to lay the eggs as well as cows and goats for fresh milk. Some times the chickens & livestock get loose and the kitchen staff have to chase them down the decks.

One reason why the Holiday is such a Ma & Pa Kettle type cruise. Besides it makes some passengers feel right at home.:p

They have the powdered eggs on both lines.......but on RCCL they will doctor them up with onions and bell peppers........much better........

Don't remember that being the case on NCL or Princess, but that was a couple of years ago. Is that something new as a cost saving measure?

Do all the mass market lines serve powdered scrambled eggs these days?

Don't remember that being the case on NCL or Princess, but that was a couple of years ago. Is that something new as a cost saving measure?

Do all the mass market lines serve powdered scrambled eggs these days?

I don't remember powdered egss on Princess either.....but they have been on Carnival for quite awhile now........

But you can ask for real eggs at the omelet station.......they will fix them anyway you like......

I don't remember powdered egss on Princess either.....but they have been on Carnival for quite awhile now........

But you can ask for real eggs at the omelet station.......they will fix them anyway you like......

How long do you think that omelet station line will be on the Dream!:rolleyes:

If you get eggs from the Lido buffet, they are powdered. If you get them from the omlette station or MDR, they are fresh.

And I want to mention that on my May cruise, the line for the buffet was always long, but I never had to wait in line at the omlette station. :D

But I'm almost positive those omelets are eggbeaters, which isn't a bad thing, they make a nicer omelet than traditional eggs and fold over much nicer.

I hate the scrambled eggs on the buffet too, and omelets are the way to go, or you can go to an omelet station and ask them to fry you a couple or scramble you a couple.

Cheers, Carole

I remember have scrambled eggs that seemed to be powdered. Can't remember if it was on the Carnival Freedom or RCCL Independence O/S. :confused:

Are the scrambled eggs on Carnival powdered?

They are not powdered, but they are prepared. The ships buy them in cartons like milk, already shelled and scrambled.

But I'm almost positive those omelets are eggbeaters, which isn't a bad thing, they make a nicer omelet than traditional eggs and fold over much nicer.

I hate the scrambled eggs on the buffet too, and omelets are the way to go, or you can go to an omelet station and ask them to fry you a couple or scramble you a couple.

Cheers, Carole

I was thinking the same......but I believe eggbeaters would not be cost effective.......powdered would....

They are not powdered, but they are prepared. The ships buy them in cartons like milk, already shelled and scrambled.

Yup eggbeaters, but probably not the brand name, the "other guys" are cheaper and taste the same. Still yucko when scrambled, good when omletified (made up my own word cause I'm like that) :D

I remember have scrambled eggs that seemed to be powdered. Can't remember if it was on the Carnival Freedom or RCCL Independence O/S. :confused:

Are the scrambled eggs on Carnival powdered?

Yes they are powdered but I believe you can request that your scrambled eggs be made from real eggs. I am planning on trying the Eggs Benedict which I heard was very good.

If you get eggs from the Lido buffet, they are powdered. If you get them from the omlette station or MDR, they are fresh.

And I want to mention that on my May cruise, the line for the buffet was always long, but I never had to wait in line at the omlette station. :D

My scrambled eggs in the MDR were powdered. But, you can ask for real eggs.

Cheers, Carole

nope, fresh eggs unless you specify egg beaters....

Archived