Beer prices on the Coral

newport dave

Our last trip on the Golden was six months ago but beer went anywhere from 5-7 bucks a shot. The best deal by far was Fosters. It was $6 a can but the cans were a full imperial pint or 20 oz. Almost twice as much for a dollar more than Bud. The buckets could be had with almost any type of beer in them and you paid the normal price for 4 anf the 5th was free. Sorry I can't be more specific, I stuck with the Fosters

Does Princess have 'British Pub' with beer on tap? I'm wondering if they might have something drinkable, like maybe a stout or porter?

The Coral did put on a British Pub style lunch in the Bayou on certain sea days. They offered Boddingtons, Guinness or Strongbow Cider.

Beer selection is one of the few things that bothers me about Princess. Always the same. I think it would be nice if they could make a deal with some of the local island breweries and take on their beer when they pull into those ports. This would offer much needed variety and help boost the local economy of the islands even more.

Beer selection is one of the few things that bothers me about Princess. Always the same. I think it would be nice if they could make a deal with some of the local island breweries and take on their beer when they pull into those ports. This would offer much needed variety and help boost the local economy of the islands even more.

NCL does that. That's how I found Coal Porter!

Beer selection onboard cruise ships does tend to be real icky. I wish there were more beer geeks in the world, our life would be easier.:)

When we are in port, I usually pick up a local brand six pack and carry it on board with me. The reafer will usually cool it down for next day consumption.

Alan

This is what I do as well, plus I will take a 6 pack aboard when we embark. So that I am not using all of the fridge space, one need room for the Blue Sapphire and Grey Goose in the RumRunners, I will keep 3 or 4 beer in the fridge and replace them as consumed.

Dave,

I understand the savings in preordering beer is you do not need to pay the gratuity. Just the extra tip to room service. Same with Soda.

Alan,

I did not know Princess allowed you to bring back a six pack from port. That would be nice since there are so many different beers to sample and so little time.

This August in Alaska, Princess actually had some Alaskan beer available. A nice change over the Miller,Bud,Dos Equis etc.

Dave,

I understand the savings in preordering beer is you do not need to pay the gratuity. Just the extra tip to room service. Same with Soda.

Alan,

I did not know Princess allowed you to bring back a six pack from port. That would be nice since there are so many different beers to sample and so little time.

This August in Alaska, Princess actually had some Alaskan beer available. A nice change over the Miller,Bud,Dos Equis etc.

They have not questioned me, it is usually in a bag and I put it on the scanner conveyor and it goes through.

Alan

Archived