Question for Diamond members who have Sailed after September 1

On the Vision of the Seas it was in the Showboat Lounge, with a sign at the entrance stating it was an "Exclusive Diamond/Diamond Plus Event."

Jim

On some of the bigger ships they still have both diamond and diamond plus in same area. They said the size of that area was bigger on newer ships.

What alcoholic beverages were available? Also, was there a drink limit.

Champagne, la terre white and red wine was free. All other drinks were 25% off. No drink limit, but you could only drink one at a time.:D I tipped in the beginning and the guy kept coming around when mine would get low. I was going to give him a tip in the end anyway, so it worked out well....lol:)

What about the big ships- can we still use the concierge lounge if we are diamond members and not diamond plus?

Unfortunately, Diamonds lost access to the Concierge Lounge as of Sep 1. However, on Freedom & Oasis class ships, Diamonds still have the same access as before to the dedicated Diamond lounge.

Ok not trying to be stupid- but are you saying that if I go on the Freedom of the Seas I can still go in the concierge lounge that I am used to going into. I am a diamond member not diamond plus. It sounds like 1 reply says I cannot use the lounge and 1 reply says I can use concierge lounge???

Ok not trying to be stupid- but are you saying that if I go on the Freedom of the Seas I can still go in the concierge lounge that I am used to going into. I am a diamond member not diamond plus. It sounds like 1 reply says I cannot use the lounge and 1 reply says I can use concierge lounge???

Not exactly. The Freedom class ships have both a Concierge Lounge and a Diamond Lounge. If you are Diamond but not in a suite you may go to the Diamond Lounge only.

Not exactly. The Freedom class ships have both a Concierge Lounge and a Diamond Lounge. If you are Diamond but not in a suite you may go to the Diamond Lounge only.

Thanks, I didn't know how that worked on those ships. I thought it was one big area. So if you are a Diamond Plus or you have a suite (and a junior suite doesn't qualify)you can go in the Concierge Lounge. If you are just Diamond, you can only go in the Diamond Lounge on the big ships.

On the 3rd night we dropped by WJ on the way up and bought a plate of sushi; on the 4th night others were bringing in cheese plates they had ordered from room service! It was becoming a picnic.
This sounds like it would be more fun than RCI doing it and also provide an ice breaker.

The attendance at these diamond events (DE) seems disheartening. I really enjoyed the social aspect of meeting and talking to people at the DL/CL and it doesn't seem like it is going to be the same.

I was on the Liberty oS after Sept 1 and the CL was dead (maybe a dozen people or so), but, the DL was really lively all evening. We had a great time.

Any word on what the CL has been like on ships with no DL since Sept 1?

Thanks' date=' I didn't know how that worked on those ships. I thought it was one big area. So if you are a Diamond Plus or you have a suite (and a junior suite doesn't qualify)you can go in the Concierge Lounge. If you are just Diamond, you can only go in the Diamond Lounge on the big ships.[/quote']

That's correct - however on these ships the D lounge is far superior to the CL: great view, indoor and outdoor seating. Same drinks and snacks.

On Voyager last week it was in the Cloud Nine bar and, if there was an event there, it was moved to the card room. No bar tender on hand and I had to track down a waiter over in the high notes bar, who told me to go back and he'd be with me in a minute. I tried it on two seperate occasions and came away unimpressed. I think from here on out I'm more likely to just write this off as a former benefit Royal provided and not worry about it anymore.

It is too bad that things didn't work out in the Card Room. How many people were in attendance each evening?

We just returned from a 12-night Eastern Med. cruise on the Legend of the Seas. The Diamond cocktails were served nightly in the Anchors Away Lounge. Unfortunately, there were logistic problems. Because the Legend is a smaller ship in comparison to their newer ships, there aren't many lounges on board. Twice during the sailing there were other events (Welcome Aboard and Captains Cocktail Parties) scheduled in the Anchors Away Lounge at 8:00 pm. Whenever we arrived earlier in the evening for Diamond cocktails, the doors to the lounge were closed and we were turned away. Those inside were preparing for these events and forgot about the Diamond members! In addition, one night they ran out of the house wine during our cocktail time. At that point I went to the Loyalty Ambassador to discuss our concerns. Twice being turned away and their running out of their house wine five days into our cruise. She did agree with the logistic problem and we should have been allowed into the lounge even though they were preparing for other events. She also addressed the house wine situation with the bar manager.

However, this was a trip of a lifetime considering the itinerary. Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Eqypt was fabulous!

Any word on what the CL has been like on ships with no DL since Sept 1?

DW and I enjoyed both venues on Navigator sailing 4-10 October Rome to Malaga. We started out by going into the Concierge Lounge for a thirst quencher and simply because we could, this being our first sailing since becoming D+. No more than 20 people in there at any given time and with the Concierge plus 2 bar keeps the level of attention was spot on. Usual hot & cold Hors d'oeuvres and chocolate strawberries etc. Friendly enough atmosphere but somewhat subdued (not a lot of laughs).

We then moved on to meet up with 'non plusser' friends in the Diamond venue - Roughly the same number of people on average. Much more lively. Service excellent due to superb bar attendant. Drink choice bubbly or wine - no nibbles at all.

Cannot honestly say we preferred any one to the other. We shall remain open and flexible in the future depending upon how the mood takes us at the time.

Another case of "you pays your mopney and you takes your choice".

Archived