Share Tours in Israel: Haifa and Ashdod

goode7511

Hi

I am on the Equinox (Celebrity) sailing on the 23rd of October. I am looking for 2 other couple or 4 people who would like to do the tours listed below. This is exactly the areas I wanted to visit, but Eitan needs 6 people to condut the tour. Eitan Shomron - licensed tour-guide

Tel. 972-(0) 505-322-968

Site -www.holot-midbar.co.il

eshomron@netvision.net.il

Here is the 2 tours, if you are interested please e-mail me at goode7511@aol. com or comment below. Thanks, Carol

enjoy a lower cost per person .(as well as my services ) $95 plus food and entrance fees which are about $6.

IN order to do so, please try to agree on the same itinerary which I'll gladly carry out .

Basically it will be

Thursday Oct. 29th - Galilee

08.30 Leave Haifa port . Drive east crossing the Galilee hills .

to the sea of Galilee where we can visit Christian & Jewish historical sites

climb up the Golan heights , If time permit we can visit Saphorise ,

. Return to Haifa by night .

Friday Oct. 30th - Jerusalem

08.30 Leave Ashdod port We'll Drive east , climbing the Jerusalem mountains

and enter the city from Mt. Scopus which allows a unique overlook of the Judean-desert .

Our next stop will be at Mt. of olives .Here on top of the mountain.

Walk through the 4 quarters of the old city of Jerusalem .

Visit the old Arab market , the Wailing wall ,

the Via-Dolorosa we'll arrive to the Holy Sepulcher .

Then stop at the Christian Market , And finish at the Armenian quarter .

Hi

I am on the Equinox (Celebrity) sailing on the 23rd of October. I am looking for 2 other couple or 4 people who would like to do the tours listed below. This is exactly the areas I wanted to visit, but Eitan needs 6 people to condut the tour. Eitan Shomron - licensed tour-guide

Tel. 972-(0) 505-322-968

Site -www.holot-midbar.co.il

eshomron@netvision.net.il

Here is the 2 tours, if you are interested please e-mail me at goode7511@aol. com or comment below. Thanks, Carol

enjoy a lower cost per person .(as well as my services ) $95 plus food and entrance fees which are about $6.

IN order to do so, please try to agree on the same itinerary which I'll gladly carry out .

Basically it will be

Thursday Oct. 29th - Galilee

08.30 Leave Haifa port . Drive east crossing the Galilee hills .

to the sea of Galilee where we can visit Christian & Jewish historical sites

climb up the Golan heights , If time permit we can visit Saphorise ,

. Return to Haifa by night .

Friday Oct. 30th - Jerusalem

08.30 Leave Ashdod port We'll Drive east , climbing the Jerusalem mountains

and enter the city from Mt. Scopus which allows a unique overlook of the Judean-desert .

Our next stop will be at Mt. of olives .Here on top of the mountain.

Walk through the 4 quarters of the old city of Jerusalem .

Visit the old Arab market , the Wailing wall ,

the Via-Dolorosa we'll arrive to the Holy Sepulcher .

Then stop at the Christian Market , And finish at the Armenian quarter .

A good itinerary!

For the first day, not too much religious sites and still gives you a chance to experience the Holly Land, I assume in the north-west side of the Sea of Galilee at the area of Tabha and Capernaum. Not going to Nazareth allowed you to add the Golan Heights which is a great option if you don’t want a too religious tour. Don't miss a visit to one of the wineries there to taste and maybe buy…

I don't think you'll have time to Saphoris on the way back. We're on winter clock now and the national parks are closed at 16:00. Any information you want about any national park or nature reserve in Israel you can find it here.

For the second day, this is a typical "see as much Jerusalem as possible in 1 day" itinerary which I think you're going to enjoy.

Have a nice visit in Israel.

Have you joined the roll call for your cruise? This is the best place to find people to share a tour with.

Hi Paul

So far there is no roll call for the 23rd. I appreciate your comment. I really like these tours but need others to share.

The Celebrity tours in this area aren't quite as interesting. We could not book a tour in Hafia, and booked the Tel-Aviv and Jaffa Markets if Eitan can't find other people.

Know any tour guides??Thanks

Carol

Hi Paul

So far there is no roll call for the 23rd. I appreciate your comment. I really like these tours but need others to share.

The Celebrity tours in this area aren't quite as interesting. We could not book a tour in Hafia, and booked the Tel-Aviv and Jaffa Markets if Eitan can't find other people.

Carol

Really? Looks to me like there's a very active 101-page roll call for your cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=735018

According to CC rules, you are not supposed to post tour share requests on the Ports of Call boards.

Hi Paul

Carol

try G.U.Y tours in Haifa on this link.

personaly i think that an idepedent tour even by train to Akko will be better then the Tel Aviv tour.

The Celebrity tours in this area aren't quite as interesting.

Carol

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=735018

This is the link to the 10/23 Ancient Empires roll call. Most private tours have already been set up and many of us are about to head over to Europe. Good luck. Have a nice trip over to Rome.

After reading over info posted, I have noticed several different tour companies used for Jerusalem. In the opinion of the Cruise Critic members, what are the advantages and/or disadvantages of the company you used for a one day tour? Also, what are your opinions regarding just using a taxi driver to go from port to Jerusalem. We are knowledgeable about Jerusalem so we really don't need the services of a tour guide. Would you use a taxi service? Just curious....:)

Looking for other to share our overnight tour in Israel

Israel Overnight tour Highlights

First day

Haifa - Dead Sea - Masada

Climb to Bahai gardens observations- continue down from Mount Carmel to Zikhron Ya'akov short walk in the lovely town which was one of the First Aliyah settlements Dead Sea about two hours drive. We'll pass Qumran and see the cave where the Dead Sea scrolls where found. Short visit at Ahava the world famous Dead Sea cosmetic factory that develop and produce mineral rich products known even before Queen Cleopatra made it her personal Spa. Short drive through Ein Gedi nature reserve. Visit Masadaand finally float on Dead Sea swim at Mineral Beach.

Second day

Jerusalem07:00 pickup from hotel after breakfast

The best place to start a tour in Jerusalem will be the peak of Mount of Olives great view on The Temple Mount, as well as a point to remember the history of Jerusalem, continue to The Garden of Gethsemane next to Church of All Nations and the pictures church Maria Magdalene build by the Russian Tsar Alexander III 1886. Crossing Kidron Valley we'll be able to see some of the tombs in Valley of Jehoshaphat we'll try to park next to The Southern Wall short visit at City of David and start our walk at Jerusalem Old City. Quick visit at City of David and then we'll enter the old city through the Dung Gate. Via Dolorosa the way of suffering will lead us through to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher were Jesus was crucified buried and resurrect. After luncheon in Avtimius market we'll climb to Jaffa Gate and walk on the Old City Ramparts to the Jewish Quarter. Visit the Cardo and finally going down to The Wailing Wall. We'll exit through the Dung Gate and back to our car and drive to Ashdod.

The tour can be somewhat varied and the cost of $900 for 2 includes everything but some meals.

Contact me at - saundras116@yahoo.com

After reading over info posted, I have noticed several different tour companies used for Jerusalem. In the opinion of the Cruise Critic members, what are the advantages and/or disadvantages of the company you used for a one day tour? Also, what are your opinions regarding just using a taxi driver to go from port to Jerusalem. We are knowledgeable about Jerusalem so we really don't need the services of a tour guide. Would you use a taxi service? Just curious....:)

Our cruise line says not to travel by taxi in this area, but I am just relying on what they say and am still looking for a tour there.

Carol

Our cruise line says not to travel by taxi in this area, but I am just relying on what they say and am still looking for a tour there.

Carol

there is no problem using taxi in Israel. The only thing is it is expensive using taxi out of the city.

From haifa you can tale a train to Tel Aviv Savidor (1hr and the station is 2 min walk from the termial) getting out of the station to your right the cental bus staion. line 405 express to Jerusalem (50min) leaves every 10 min.

there is no problem using taxi in Israel. The only thing is it is expensive using taxi out of the city.

From haifa you can tale a train to Tel Aviv Savidor (1hr and the station is 2 min walk from the termial) getting out of the station to your right the cental bus staion. line 405 express to Jerusalem (50min) leaves every 10 min.

I checked fot u in the Israel Ministry of Transport and Road Safty the officiel price for a speciel taxi from Haifa to Jerusalem.

Sit down and breathe deaply....

644nis one way (or 794 on Sabath)

That is 1,288Nis which are 350$.

Make your Choice...

Thanks! It's "NO" to taxi but possible option with a bus. Thanks again!

One thing you must know before planning independent tours in Israel:

There is no public transportation on Sabath - that means from Friday afternoon until Daturday evening!!!!

Now most cruise ships calls to Ashdod are on Friday. You must plan your tour concidering this!

Lust bus from Jerusalem to Asdod on Friday is on 16:10....

Check first the schedule here befor you plan any tour by buses!!!

Archived