Bad Behavior!

old grump

Was story specifically about luxury cruise lines? Hope not. I did read of bad behavior (both adult and children) on a couple of the Mariner Alaska cruises this past summer. I've seen a few grumpy (:D) people on our cruises -- but no bad behavior.

I just read the article (and also voted). If I were to list the most common responses as to why there is more bad behavior on cruise ships I'd definitely be bashed. So, let me just say that I strongly agree with almost everything that was said. :)

We've witnessed bad behavior on just about every Regent cruise we've been on - and we've been on lots of Regent cruises.

I haven't read the story this thread is based upon, but I have to say that I have never, ever senn an instance of bad behaviour (and I am not talking of boorish or bad manners) on any regent cruise I have been on. Far from it. Fellow guests have held their liquor well and been considerate to others.

We've witnessed bad behavior on just about every Regent cruise we've been on - and we've been on lots of Regent cruises.

Being well-to-do and educated doesn't necessarily equate to proper behavior. To think otherwise is simply elitist.

I also find your experiences on Regent to be out of the ordinary. While I agree that "being well-to-do and educated doesn't necessarily equate to proper behavior", I think you may be overstating how many Regent guests fall into that category.

Would you mind elaborating on what type of bad behavior you have witnessed?

Archived