So. Carribbean Evening Temps?

heidik

Hello! Can you tell me what to expect for temperatures during early December cruise to the southern Carribean from San Juan? I know that when I sailed the Panama Canal round trip Ft. Lauderdale in early January, the weather was very unpredictable and was not hot by any means.......but I am in the Dominican Republic right now and it is sweltering! Any info. about what to pack would be helpful. Thanks!

We have done the Southern Caribbean a few times, but during Thanksgiving week. I don't think there would be much difference in the weather from then to Dec.

The daytime temps were in the mid 80's to the lower 90's, and the night temps were lows of mid 70's to high 70's.

The water temps are around 78 to 80 year around; if you are in to snorkeling or scuba, that is perfect. ;)

Hope That Helps.

Hello! Can you tell me what to expect for temperatures during early December cruise to the southern Carribean from San Juan? I know that when I sailed the Panama Canal round trip Ft. Lauderdale in early January, the weather was very unpredictable and was not hot by any means.......but I am in the Dominican Republic right now and it is sweltering! Any info. about what to pack would be helpful. Thanks!

Leaving Florida in the winter months is always iffy. It was 40 degrees when we left from Miami a couple Jan. ago. The captain even cancelled the outdoor life jacket muster. We all just met in the infoor public areas.

Heading from San Juan to the south will only be warm. But you still should carry a sweater or wrap for the evenings... inside for the a.c. and outside for humid cool sea breezes.

Archived